Which mechanical gauges to pair with CTS3?

Buck Slayer

Reaction score
Alright guys, I am wanting to run a CTS 3 on a quad pillar pod (mounted in bottom most hole) with 3 mechanical gauges above it. I know this is redundant, but I just really like the look of some mechanical gauges on the pillar. In all honesty, I find the mechanical gauges much easier to read and notice problems "at a glance" than the monitor, FWIW.

Planning on running ISSPRO EV2's unless someone has a better recommendation?

Also, what would you choose to fill those 3 mechanical gauges with, knowing everything that can be monitored on the CTS 3?

Thanks!

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
You may want to think about the logistics of monitoring the same thing with multiple gauges. Such as the pyro, for example. It may not be possible to physically mount two sensors in the prime location.

Buck Slayer

Reaction score
You may want to think about the logistics of monitoring the same thing with multiple gauges. Such as the pyro, for example. It may not be possible to physically mount two sensors in the prime location.

Yeah, if I ordered the EGT probe for the CTS 3 I probably wouldn't monitor that with one of the EV2's unless there was a need to run 2 and have one pre turbo and one post...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
water temp because 7.3s dont have a pid for it, fuel pressure is an absolute must, boost you can pull off the monitor, as well as Pyro.

I have no setup for Pyro yet but I do have a steering column pod that I just have to mount.

Not a fan of oil pressure gauge, it's a huei so if you don't have oil psi you're not running for very long and the dummy gauge on dash actually will tell ya if you don't have low side.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231127_083414_Photos.jpg

I'll have to grab a less blurry photo but that's trans, fuel, boost, water and with a edge2 I believe

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I’d probably throw boost in there, as the factory will only read so high, and not sure if the one does it too, but the super duty’s will go into full retard mode after seeing an overboost, and your edge reads like 6psi max or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck Slayer

Reaction score
View attachment 187295
I'll have to grab a less blurry photo but that's trans, fuel, boost, water and with a edge2 I believe
I know the SD dash is a little different, but can you tell if you bought the mount for the CTS 3 to go in a guage hole if it would fit in the bottom most one or would it need to go in the top?