Which Programmer?

cthis79

Reaction score
Hey yall I'm wanting to get a handheld for the truck 6.0 with 91k on the clock. Right now I'm debating between 3 different ones.
1st IDP Tuner
2nd SCT SF3 Power Flash
3rd PPE Xcelerator

Right now all I have done to my truck is a full 4" exhaust and an egr delete but I do plan on studding, injectors, and a new turbo within the next year or so. Just trying to get yalls feedback on anything you've tried out before I shell out the cash. Thanks.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Check us out. You will be pleased.

Gearhead for the win. Buy an SCT X3, and gauges. Then give lars over at gearhead a call, and he will have matt send you a tune. Amazing stuff.

Ive heard tons of good stuff about truck source diesel, and will order their SPD tune next week some time. Just to see what else is out there. I actually called the other day, but got busy and didnt call back. Now i have wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
With out a doubt use a SCT tuner which is the best platform for the 6.0L.... Eric with IDP and Matt with Gearhead are the best 2 IMO

cthis79

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far guys. As far as gauges I'm looking at the 3 pod GlowShift with the 2500 EGT, 65psi Boost, and Trans temp. Would those be good choices?

Irontx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far guys. As far as gauges I'm looking at the 3 pod GlowShift with the 2500 EGT, 65psi Boost, and Trans temp. Would those be good choices?
I run glowshifts...... To be honest.... They look great.... Never had a problem with the gauges....... The wiring is awful !!! Im tired of seeing my gauge blink because the wires have chafed ..... I've taped em.... Run em in loom.....you name it..... It gets so hot under the hood....... The connectors just aren't holding up....

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I bought glowshift gauges against the advice of everybody on the forum, because i didnt want to spend the extra money for good gauges. After pulling them three times, and my pyro acting up again, i will confidently tell you, save your money. Glowshift has been great about replacing them and their customer service is pretty good. However, there comes a point in time whenyou get tired of pulling them. I am to the point now where i dont really trust them. I will buying new gauges before the end of the year when i get around to it. Monitoring your truck is more important than going fast, and i dont trust glowshift anymore to do that. Decent package to start out with, but dont get mad when you have to order new ones in a couple of year. I would say ISSPro gauges FTW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online