White smoke, no power

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I have an 03 excursion with a 6.0. Twice in the last couple of days after coming to a stop, I go to accelerate and it pours white smoke and barley moves. This lasts about 5 seconds and then it clears up and runs normal. Any ideas? There are no codes or cel. Thank you

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Easy place to look first is EGR Valve/Cooler losing any coolant. Not externally cooler could be cracked and leaking coolant to exhaust first pull egr valve and check for moisture in where valve goes in.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Blown egr cooler, ir bad turbo seals. Check exhaust pipe for coolant/oil smell. Pull egr mod valve and see if intake is wet. Hows your coolant level?

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Coolant level is not moving. I pulled egr valve and it was clean. I didn't notice any moisture but I will check again. If the cooler were cracked, wouldn't there always be white smoke as coolant would be leaking in at all times?

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
If cooler is bad enough yes but it might not be puul egr valve out take flashlight and look inside my guess is youll probably see moisture.

ghohouston

Reaction score
when an egr cooler goes, they dont always immediately wet the intake. best way to check is when you get home from work or whatever, where you can park it nose downhill, let it sit a while, and then pull the mod valve, and see if coolant comes to the front of the intake. and agreed with disconnecting the downpipe to check for oil

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the cooler. Seeing it's an early 03, will the cooler from an 06 fit on it? My brother deleted his a few years ago so I have a cooler just sitting here I could use. Or, should I just delete it?

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Just delete it i would if it was mine. I would hate to do all that work and the cooler crap out a month down the road or 5 years down the road delete it and be done with it.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I know this May be a personal preference question but who make the best delete kit?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.