Who Has Interest In a New Intercooler Kit?

Would u be intersted in

• Total voters

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
So i have been working with MISHIMOTO to design performance radiators and an intercooler kit for 94.5-97 OBS powerstroke trucks. They installed a aluminum radiator in my truck and used it as a mock up truck. When i asked about the intercooler he told me that they may not do it as they dont see enough market for a kit and they might think about it if i can get 50 people with interest .... so here i am....

The kit will most likely be priced around the same as a BANKS kit and will be made out of all aluminum piping and a performance aluminum intercooler with a core bigger then the size of a stock 7.3 intercooler. I will be looking for people who would like a whole kit, and people who would like just a pipe kit. They will be designed to work with the fuel bowl in place and a stock intake and we will look at others that have interference issues. I dont have any pricing available, just looking for a market since banks no longer makes their kit and are just selling off inventory and e99 spiders are getting harder and harder to find. the pipe kit is not a backyard fabricator jig, it will be fully TIG welded, manderal bent tubbing, flow tested, and fit tested for a guaranteed perfect fit!

So let me know and i will add u to a list and edit the list to update new people. I will keep this up for around a month and report back to MISHIMOTO. Thanks! Would also like to add there is no commitment here.. just looking for a market, so if u might be interested, sign up!

added a poll for convience!!
F50482234.png

Last edited:

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I would be interested in just a cooler. Piping wouldn't work for my application... However, would like to know max pressure of the cooler and cooling capabilities/performance vs other coolers

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
will do... it will be compareable to a banks technicooler.. the whole reason this all cameabout is beacsue Eric at Innovative was blowing holes on their endcaps in his 6.4, so they are going back thru and redesigning all the intercoolers of all applications. here is a pic of the radiator they installed to give you an idea on quality. can see much, but welds look good! really cant see much, need to get a better pic
photobucket-34649-1356210764429.jpg

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
i was always under the impression it was the largest u could fit... maybe i shold change what i said. it will be designed to be as large as possiable can

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Ok. Cuz iirc the technicoolor is half the size of a stock 7.3/6.0 cooler and I have a 6.0 cooler now, but need to upgrade to a better cooler

How's that radiator workin out for ya? Might be interested in one a them too

rat49f6

Reaction score
Id be interested in either full kit or piping

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Ok. Cuz iirc the technicoolor is half the size of a stock 7.3/6.0 cooler and I have a 6.0 cooler now, but need to upgrade to a better cooler

How's that radiator workin out for ya? Might be interested in one a them too
i think your thinking of the ATS cooler kit... it works very well, cant keep it up to temps now, gonna have to throw a 203* in it. haha they are a bit pricey tho.. i will check for ya
Id be interested in either full kit or piping

thanks.... give it a vote above if u can si i can keep it straight

rat49f6

Reaction score
Ok sorrry didnt realize there was a poll im on talkatap

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Would like to add that i will not be selling this kits, i have no affiliation with the company other then their test dummy, and have nothing to do with the pricing. One the kit is complete Mishimoto will distribute the kits to their suppliers. Eric from Innovative Diesel is the one who set me up with this opertunity and he will be selling the kits for sure..... if they make it into production. Im just looking for a market that does exist and passing the word onto the manufacturer. They may be too expensive for anyone to buy, but they may not, only time will tell.

MOD.... can u please move this to my first post, thank u!

Cr500

Reaction score
The gale banks core and the 99-03 core are literally the same size. Both are 18" tall, can't remember core width, core thickness is is around 2".
A 6.0 is same width, but 2 1/4 thick, 21" tall. All are tube/ fin cores.
You can fit much more than that in there,
The ats cooler is smaller, but thicker. Hypermax is smaller, but thicker as well.

On your radiator, how many rows, and how wide is each tube? Did they just copy the oe?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Couldnt tell you about the rows and cores... i will find out for ya.

Droped off 132 names off to mishimoto today. He is gonna send it to marketing and go from there... we will see how this turns out!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
just an update for everyone... i talked to mishimoto to see whats going on and they have decided to make a kit!!!!!

on a bad note they do not know when they will get to it as of now, they are backed up with other projects. so no we play the waiting game.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
nope....Mishimoto said they are not quite available yet....nother 3 weeks or so...

the one thay have listed on e-bay as fitting the OBS's is the wrong part number .. it's MMRAD-F2D-99
it fits the 99's & up....

the correct part number for the OBS's is : MMRAD-F2D-95

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.