Who has tow x's?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Everyone loves it when they blow off, but I wouldn't get one. I had one and not anymore. When the solenoid sticks and you have to figure out why you can't build boost in a parking lot at night...... well you get my drift

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Bov's are just added piece of mind on expensive turbo setups. I don't plan on ditching mine because I know as soon as I do, I'll blow a tranny at wot, dump 50psi...and grenade my snail.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
In my opinion the shifting on my gearhead tunes with my elite trans was not up to par. I couldn't even get a full WOT run in because the shifting bucked so hard it always threw me and then I just ended up bouncing on the throttle untill I was able to let off. Go with Innovative tuning if you have a elite trans. If you don't have a trans, you will need one. lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
In my opinion the shifting on my gearhead tunes with my elite trans was not up to par. I couldn't even get a full WOT run in because the shifting bucked so hard it always threw me and then I just ended up bouncing on the throttle untill I was able to let off. Go with Innovative tuning if you have a elite trans. If you don't have a trans, you will need one. lol

I ran/run that combo and never had a single issue with shifting etc.

3brorce

Reaction score
:whs: After a quick trans relearn after loading a new tune my stage 4 trans shifts flawlessly with gearhead tunes.

Are you doing something specific for a trans relearn or just running it through the gears before mashing on it? You talking the 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle runs or running through gear selections with the gear shifter on the column

Dustball8504

Reaction score

I had that issue on my Gearhead race tune with a stock tranny, gripping the steering wheel and planting your foot fixes it LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dan I think Matt has everything straightened out with shifting and built trannies. There are a lot of guys running that combo now.

gman1

Reaction score
Are you doing something specific for a trans relearn or just running it through the gears before mashing on it? You talking the 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle runs or running through gear selections with the gear shifter on the column

I just run it hard through all gears (no quite full throttle) a couple of times letting it shift on its own and after that its flawless. I will say this the trans will shift kinda bad at first but will straighten out after a few runs.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If they are only producing 50 psi of boost and 60psi of back pressure as stated prior in the thread, you could run the setup without a gate. But as Erick and others have said, gating to the atmo would net you the best results with stock fuel.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If they are only producing 50 psi of boost and 60psi of back pressure as stated prior in the thread, you could run the setup without a gate. But as Erick and others have said, gating to the atmo would net you the best results with stock fuel.

Maybe I should have said, why are those numbers so low (that is relative of course)....I was assuming it was gearing and lack to ability to load them adequately.

BFT

Reaction score
You'd be surprised on how much the gate helps inbetween stages. Without fuel upgrades I would say to run the gate

Latest posts

Members online