who sell's the best 6637 filter tube

rsater1

Reaction score
6637 filter tube ..I need one bad ..or does someone have a used one to sell ..does the material it is made out of matter ??? T/I/A/

BigBlak62

Reaction score
6637 filter tube ..I need one bad ..or does someone have a used one to sell ..does the material it is made out of matter ??? T/I/A/
I was wondering the same thing. I actually have an AFE cold air I was thinking on modifying to fit a 6637 but it's gonna take some cutting manipulating to get it in. It might be easier to just get a new setup jyst for a 6637.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
I know Im going to get some flack for this but....

I used a 4" piece of aluminum pipe that I cut from a sprinkler line. I call them wheel lines, another version is hand line, or whatever. But it was the only 4" pipe I had. Painted with high temp paint.

79jasper

Reaction score
Aluminum would be better than steel in this application. It's fine.
I used 4" exhaust pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Using 4" exhaust pipe. Just ordered the filter and grabbed the clamp today. Cutting a section of exhaust out to install a muffler so I'm just going to clean that up well and use it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Aluminum would be better than steel in this application. It's fine.
I used 4" exhaust pipe.

Why?

4" OD PVC will work just as good as anything.

Actually, I think a hunk of 4" gold tubing would be best.

79jasper

Reaction score
Because the steel can rust inside if you can't get it coated good enough with something.
Pvc works also. I just wouldn't like the look of it. (Like a elbow or something. Straight piece would be fine.)

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just picked up the filter from Napa. Wholly hell is it huge. It's almost the size of the sleeping bag my GF leaves in her jeep. Throwing that on today as soon as I finish getting the knuckles off for ball joints.

Last edited:

rsater1

Reaction score
I had pvc here ..I need a 45 .and PVC 45 is way to restrictive it is less than 3 inch ..its ridiculous//. don't know what I going to do yet >>

dmd

Reaction score
You can also cut out some of the old filter mount plastic so the filter isnt squished
when the hood is closed. Had a 6637 for about 100k miles.

I went with a S&B paper filter and housing to get a little more quiet. I put some foam around the side fender intake to baffle the sound resonating in the fender. Helped a bunch.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Diamond eye sells a pretty good tube.

2f1579f2747423461673654b7dcc474d.jpg

Not too shabby for a used piece of exhaust pipe I just cut off and 5 minutes with a wire wheel.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
If u get a chance post a pic of the filter plz.I don't think I've ever seen one.
Thanks
sqrlgtr

dsberman94

Reaction score
I should've taken a pic of what I cut out of the tray underneath. But it's pretty easy to figure out what to cut once you set it in there. Once you cut that bit out it sits down in nice. Slight readjustment of the black intake tube is necessary, twist it towards you at the ccv piece with the clamp loose on the filter also.
296758a144faa0802ce97d7f31b09988.jpg

_Burdy_

Reaction score
It's always blown my mind that no one makes a nice clean properly bent tube for these trucks. You can buy everything else but if you want an intake tube you have to go to Home Depot. Seems pretty silly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online