Wicked Wheel 2 epic fail?

mikelee

Reaction score
I installed a ww2 on my friends 05 6.0. Before ordering I disassembled the intake housing and took out the oem for the factory part number prior to him ordering to make sure I get the correct wheel.

After I reinstalled the turbo and ran the truck I began to notice warm towards the very end of the spool down it starts to make a rattling noise. Thought it was the exhaust but it's more auditable by the turbo.

He hasn't heard it yet and I asked him and he said it always made a small amount of noise after shutting it off but I know that it's not right at all. What did I screw up? I've been into my turbo and my father's turbo without any issues. I really tried talking him out of getting this wheel but he had to have it...

Is there anything I could have screwed up putting it in? Maybe the wheel not balanced? I checked shaft play and everything seemed ok. I'm going to take the air intake off tomorrow and check it out again

mikelee

Reaction score
Turns out he says it's always made that noise... In a couple of weekends I'm going to rebuild his turbo. I tried talking him out of it because on a bone stock truck I figured the $200 he spent on a wheel he could use somewhere else.

mikelee

Reaction score
He's thinking about a new turbo. Just wondering if he should go stock or with a stage 1 powermax? Stock injectors no studs with a sct programmer with livewire. I just did stand pipes and dummy plugs. Also stc fitting, updated turbo drain tube and fpr. Any thoughts?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ww2 are great. They are a great improvement for the money and unless over tightened on the shaft. You should have no issues.

Latest posts

Members online