Wicked Wheel ?

5fifty

Reaction score
New member and I got a question about the Wicked Wheel for the stock turbo in the 2004-2007 6.0's

Will this work with my 155/30 Warrens?
OR should I bump up to a stage 1 turbo?

I am building the truck now so it will be a whole new setup for me.

I tow heavy about 30-40% of the time with my truck the rest is empty riding.

My truck is a 550 4x4 w/ 4.88's

Not looking for smoke, and I don't race the truck.

Open to all suggestions and input.

Thanks in advance.

Dieselsite

Reaction score
The wheel would be perfect for your truck with those sticks. You have 4:88s. I don't see you having an EGT issue anyway, if that were a concern. You could step up to the Powermax, but spool up wouldn't be near as good, and with a 550, I would imagine that your main concerns are low end spool and 0-60 mph.

Bob

5fifty

Reaction score
The wheel would be perfect for your truck with those sticks. You have 4:88s. I don't see you having an EGT issue anyway, if that were a concern. You could step up to the Powermax, but spool up wouldn't be near as good, and with a 550, I would imagine that your main concerns are low end spool and 0-60 mph.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you for the reply. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with my concerns. Max trailer weight would be 20K rarely do I pull that much.
So EGT's do come into mind. With the 4.88's @ 70mph with 19.5's I am at about 2300RPM
The 0-60mph is where it's at for me cause I don't run it over 70-75 max.

Other main concern (again cause I am new to some of this)
Will I have any issues moving enough air for that size injector, like excessive smoke, surging etc?

Thanks in advance!

Will

5fifty

Reaction score

6speedsd

Reaction score
I've considered getting one of these myself. I assume it'll help spool up? I've never had a turbo apart. What is involved in changing wheels? Any special tools needed?

5fifty

Reaction score
WiCkEd WhEeL 4 the OEM 6.0 Turbo Pics

Here are the pics of the Wicked Wheel for the oem 6.0 turbo.

After talking to a bunch of vendors of turbos I decided to go this route.
I would have loved to get a new turbo built for my truck but my truck buildup threw me a un expected expensive surprise. Having to get new heads wiped out my turbo funds.

So I was left with either putting the stock turbo back in or doing a budget friendly upgrade.

After a few calls to Dieselsite to gather my information, I felt this would work for my application. Bob, John, and Jennifer were super nice and answered all my technical questions.
This wheel is said to help out in the spool up and into the upper RPM range.
I'm turning some higher RPM's @ 70mph opposed to the F350's and F250's
My main area of concern is from 0-70 mph cause thats about as fast as I run the truck down the interstate.

I am in the process of putting my truck back together this weekend (heads etc....) I will post up more info and pics when I have them available.

Attachments

• Wicked Wheel OEM 6.0 Turbo.jpg
    Wicked Wheel OEM 6.0 Turbo.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • Wicked Wheel OEM.jpg
    Wicked Wheel OEM.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Wicked Wheel.jpg
    Wicked Wheel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63

ford rules

Reaction score
Looks nice. So is there a need to have the turbo rebalanced when installing one of these?

windrunner408

Reaction score
That looks great man.

Yea there's no need to have the rotating assembly rebalanced when installing one of these. The wheels are balanced separately so that changing one wheel out for another shouldn't affect anything.

TyCorr

Reaction score
To the OP, you were surprised you needed heads/headwork? On a 6L? Should be surprised when you dont. :D

Ill admit, I dont know tons about them. My uncle Jim just rolled 24k on his 07 KR. He only uses the truck to move horses twice per year. He said they fired it up and it smoked, smoked going down the road, and smoked all the way to the dealer. Had an aftermarket warranty from the original sale. He's an attorney and an IRS auditor so he's pretty good at negotiating. He negotiated them to fix his 07, keep it, and he got an 11kr with 18k miles for ten grand more. Sounds like the issues are widespread.

5fifty

Reaction score
Got the turbo apart, pretty easily.
7/8" deep well socket on the back nut.
14mm wrench on the front wheel.

I go to put the Wicked Wheel on and low and behold they sent me the one for the Powermax GT38, instead of the one for the GT37 (OEM 6.0)

Guess it's on to other projects till Dieselsite opens on Monday..

6speedsd

Reaction score
Aww man that sucks. It's like a huge let down when you have to stop mid project for a reason like that. I know you just want it back together so you can go for a drive.

5fifty

Reaction score
Aww man that sucks. It's like a huge let down hen you have to stop mid project for a reason like that. I know you just want it back together so you can go for a drive.

Yea kinda but not really. I started putting my new heads back together so i can install them along with AROUND's tomorrow. I made my head lifting bracket and and IPR removal tool today. Started preparing for putting the truck back together.

Would have loved to finish it to drive this weekend but i got too much left to do.

Latest posts

Members online