Window tint alternative

leland88

Reaction score
What's your legal percentage of tint? I have 3M Crystalline 90% on my windshield and 30% ceramic everywhere else. After the truck sits in the sun all day, there is no blast of heat when you open the door.

Another option is Huper Optik.

This is a high end tint?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Except the OP is talking about the front windows. :fustrate:

I have seen some high end tint that stops more UV rays that the 20% stuff and it is lighter color. Can't think of the name of it, but the tint shop that does my trucks uses it on Mercedes and BMW's that come in from the dealer. Maybe check with a high end tint shop in your area.

I went this route on my 13 5.0 & it looks like bronze which didnt agree to well with ingot silver lol,cost me aprox $400 was only 35% as thats all it came in & the results werent any different then my other tinted mustangs,so never again.
I had to give it a try to find out & i call it 3m snake oil.

Jason

Reaction score
I run 5 on everything but my wifes tahoe. It got 20 all the way around, looks like limo, but easy to see out of for her. I have run limo for 18 years, and have had no issues. If something gets said, pay the ticket and move on.

leland88

Reaction score
I run 5 on everything but my wifes tahoe. It got 20 all the way around, looks like limo, but easy to see out of for her. I have run limo for 18 years, and have had no issues. If something gets said, pay the ticket and move on.

That's what I'm doing right now just paying it just was wondering if there was an alternative. Like a manufacture that makes glass darker or something just to create less of a head ache.

Jason

Reaction score
My wifes rear windows were pretty dark from the factory. I honestly don't know if there is a way to have your front glass factory privacy tinted, or not. Or, if you could order a set of windows custom tinted. I am sure you'd have to pay a few tickets, to cover the cost of having the glass made tinted ��

JMart

Reaction score
I went this route on my 13 5.0 & it looks like bronze which didnt agree to well with ingot silver lol,cost me aprox $400 was only 35% as thats all it came in & the results werent any different then my other tinted mustangs,so never again.
I had to give it a try to find out & i call it 3m snake oil.

The stuff I have seen is not made by 3M and comes in different shades like blue and silver not bronze. It matches the factory tint on the back windows of some of the luxury cars I have seen. Like the Lexus RX and so forth.

Well tickets are 115 here so after a couple of those custom windows might get paid off lol

The pay the ticket idea works unless you get the dick head cop that cuts your tint. Had that happen to my brother-in-law while he was in NY.

leland88

Reaction score
The stuff I have seen is not made by 3M and comes in different shades like blue and silver not bronze. It matches the factory tint on the back windows of some of the luxury cars I have seen. Like the Lexus RX and so forth.

The pay the ticket idea works unless you get the dick head cop that cuts your tint. Had that happen to my brother-in-law while he was in NY.

True. Usuall here they make you peel it or pay the ticket. 80 for new tint plus the down time of no truck or 115 and keep the tint

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Im pretty curious about it myself too, but I am sure its spendy. But may be worth it. Only seen a few videos about it

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I'd just make an apointment with your Doc and get a prescription for tint due to sensitive eyes .
$35 Co pay later and your good to go.
Couple buddies have it, it's easy if you have blue eyes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
wish we could do the hole prescription thing. they tell you to buy darker glasses if it bothers your eyes. i know mine isnt really dark but i still wear a shade 5 cutting lens safety glasses inside it..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online