Wiring for a cruise light???

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
i was curious yesterday driving why we dont have a cruise light and i found some small LED's in the shop tool box and was curious if anone has wired one up?? if so what wires did you tap into and such

thanks!!

Tom S

Reaction score
There would have to be an output from the PCM to make that work. To the best of my knowledge there is no pin that does that unless it is not labled in the factory documentation.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I would think that when you trigger the cruise control it sends some type of signal to the pcm so you should be able to find that wire and wire in a light. Idk if I'm thinking right or not but it makes sense in my head Atleast LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
You could do it but you would need to use a relay and cut into the factory wiring to do it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
You could do it but you would need to use a relay and cut into the factory wiring to do it.

Just for an activation light? Please explain...

I kinda thought it's be the same as attaching an led to the glow plug relay. Ground wire and power wire.

I've been thinking about this for sometime as well. As stated eariler, the buttons on the steering wheel obviously have a wire that signals the pcm to set the cruise, etc. So as long as it's a constant voltage signal wire (meaning the signal doesn't fluctuate) then that could be the power trigger for the light.

Bugman

Reaction score
This is just a guess but I believe that the activation switches are just going to ground a lead into the PCM which activates the cruse. Then the PCM sends a signal to the idm to control the injectors. Now if you can figure out if these are electronic signals or what then you can figure out the cruse light. With a relay all you need to do is have it activated and stay activated when you push the on button. Then have the ground signal interrupted when you push the off button.

It would be a lot of work for something that really isn't needed.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
hmmm i will have to see about this i know its not needed but be nice to have, i just wish i would;nt have to be goin down the road to test it, i think i have a relay that would do it, when i had one on my ebpv as an exhaust brake, if it has an ignition to turn the relay on then on to turn it off with it fedding the light....

Tom S

Reaction score
I believe those controls work on a variable resistance function. You probably could find a way to make a light turn on with the switch but how to shut it off like when you tap the brake?

Latest posts

Members online