Worthwhile tips/mods

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Any worthwhile tips that can be done?

Does the Harpoon mod apply to the 2011+ trucks?

Surgical tubing inside the door seal?

Anything else?

Billy T.
[email protected]
i have a thread that is called "questions tips tricks" and there is some info in there to read. im sure the harpoon mod applies to all years. lol.. at leat it did to my def tank.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
-Harpoon doesn't apply since Ford changed the tank. I can fill to the cap now with adding less than 1 gallon after it clicks off.
-Door seal mods can be done.
-I always recommend adding additional/beefy grounding straps and cables. Do this especially for the bed area of the truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Link or instructions on how to.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
depends on how in depth you want it. you can get fancy with a potentometer(sp?) and can set the idle with a dial or do what i did and just wire in a resistor from the upfitter harness to the pto wire. flip upfitter on and tap parking brake. 1200ish rpm idle..

i don't know why someone hasn't patented a lil resistor module to sell.. finding the 2 wires needed would be the hardes part and that really wasnt hard.

live life full throttle

LovetheTide

Reaction score
dont matter stock or tuned

live life full throttle

Still don't understand why you would do that?

I know guys running lots of electronics and amps need additional ground straps sometimes but other than that I don't see what it could benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Benefits of this on a stock truck?

Better A/C when parked, faster warm up, when you jump someone , when you run a winch, when you need to charge someone's battery for 5min because their battery is completely dead.

ThAts just off the top of my head

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Better A/C when parked, faster warm up, when you jump someone , when you run a winch, when you need to charge someone's battery for 5min because their battery is completely dead.

Had no idea. Thanks for the info.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Very interesting....is there a thread or write up somewhere?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Benefits of this on a stock truck?

If you have bad grounding points your electrical system suffers. There are plenty of write-up about " the big three" mod.

I went to install some LED lights in the bed. Grounded them to the bed to discover they worked sometimes. Then checked around only to see very few good bed/frame contact points. Added a strap on both sides to make a better connection. Never had any issues again with the LEDs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

i think he asked about the grounding straps.. did you think high idle was in question?

live life full throttle

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Big 3 is a common electrical upgrade for any vehicle, for obvious reasons($$$) factory uses just enough grounds and positive cables. Upsizing and increasing connection points allows alternators and batteries to work more efficiently. Allowing all the electronics to work better.

The high idle mod just allows idle to be brought up over factory setting, whether using the pto, jump starting someone, sitting in truck with heat or a/c running(my ac basically works when it wants when its 100 at stock idle) and more importantly high idle on the older trucks kept the truck from having fuel washing out cylinders at low idle

Latest posts

Members online