wot miss

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
So I recently put a sct on my truck and about a week later it now seems to have a slight miss... When cold part throttle it misses when it starts the loud resonating sound... You know the 6.0 sound... And when warm WOT it misses only sometimes at the very end of the rpm band before shifting I'm running the performance tune

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So I recently put a sct on my truck and about a week later it now seems to have a slight miss... When cold part throttle it misses when it starts the loud resonating sound... You know the 6.0 sound... And when warm WOT it misses only sometimes at the very end of the rpm band before shifting I'm running the performance tune

If you have a way to monitor PIDS monitor ICP and IPR DC also ficm voltage. Does the truck have any codes?

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
Took off my sct and all is well now... thinking bout getting a cheap oil psi gauge to use for my fuel and see what it's doing

wildbill963258

Reaction score
if you took your tuner off and it ran fine it might be that you need a new hpop because if your tuner is demanding a faster PW then your HPOP may not be able to provide enough oil pressure to be able to support the faster PW or at least thats what ive been reading anyways it could be that your fuel pump not keeping up either with the higher demand in fuel too.

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
I changed my gauges to read out in a graph form gonna do some WOT pulls both stock and tuned and see if the icp or ipr have any drops or spikes or anything like that... hoping it's a fuel pump issue... I just did a stc fitting a month ago don't feel like ripping back into that part of the truck would rather just do a pump upgrade

JGman141

Reaction score
if you took your tuner off and it ran fine it might be that you need a new hpop because if your tuner is demanding a faster PW then your HPOP may not be able to provide enough oil pressure to be able to support the faster PW or at least thats what ive been reading anyways it could be that your fuel pump not keeping up either with the higher demand in fuel too.

This is a common issue with the 7.3 but not the 6.0, I'm guessing this is a fuel pressure issue.

mikah215

Reaction score
I had the same issue it was my injectors

03 f250 6.0 Sct with innovative tunes 5in exhaust coolant filter blue spring 190/30 bulletproof ficm&water pump aluminum rad Arp studs 8in lift 20x14 on 37s

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
Well stock tune ipr and icp are great nice and smooth no fluctuations except for when it shifts of course since rpm drops... gonna recheck when I leave the store after uploading my tunes... hope not really wanted to wait and save for 175s and I don't have the money ready yet lol

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
Check fuel pressure, and do a koer test. If it has a miss at all, you're gonna need some injectors. If you don't find any injector codes, find a shop that has ford ids, and they should be able to find what injectors are bad.

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
I have no way to do a koer test Ima start with fuel psi and go from there... I tried the car guage pro with my obd but I won't work for some reason .... starts the initial buzz on the buzz test then nothing and the contribution test would so out of range conditions incorrect or something....

Latest posts

Members online