Would you trade a 2009 LTZ 4x4 2500hd Duramax for a 6.0

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Ya man you going to come over and help me work on it? Hell I would get a 6.4 in a heart beat if I didnt think I would blow the engine being a dumbass. I just miss having a powerstroke.

Yea no problem. Find you an affordable low-ish mile one and will get it right! :naughty:

patricku47

Reaction score
I would trade it off as quick as I could. GM trucks have never been my cup of tea. I drove a 2009 Duramax as a company truck for a while and hated it. I had more problems in the first 100k miles with that truck than I have ever had with any of my 6.0s.

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
From my experience I've learned that all diesels can be junk or stone cold reliable no matter the year or the engine or the brand. Go with what you like.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
From my experience I've learned that all diesels can be junk or stone cold reliable no matter the year or the engine or the brand. Go with what you like.

meanwhile, this is a pretty valid statement...

I'll look anybody dead in the eye and tell them that Dodge trucks are cheap piles of junk.

But all the ones I owned were great, and they didn't fall apart on me.

BUT, I'm also very easy on my trucks.

I would venture that I could keep a *shudder* GM on the road if it started out as a decent truck too.

I've just sat and drove in so many of all three makes, and the Fords just wear miles better than Dodge or GM. It's a coin flip between Dodge and GM, but I give the nod to Dodge as the distant 2nd place winner because of the dang ol' CumminGs under the hood. GM has absolutely nothing that I'm interested in.

If I want an engine that's a PITA to work on, I'll have it in a Ford, thanks... at least that way I'll have a well built truck, a SFA, and a transmission that will hold some power! :D

swinky

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my pile of junk for a dmax but I said the other day I wouldn't trade it for a 6.7 either.

The price of 6.0s have been going up around me. As much as I absolutely love my truck I'd have a hard time buying another one at the price I've seen them at.

So you buy a nice low mile 05-07 6.0 for lets say 18k, stud it, tires, wheels, exhaust, tuner.... You're already damn near 25k into it and you'd be lucky to get that 18k back if you decided to sell it a year down the road. Now do a s364.5, some 205/75s, trans, fuel system and you will barely outrun a tuned 6.4 or efi, trans, upgraded front end dmax.

I just spray the glowplugs out of my truck at the track to make myself feel better about the money I've spent.

If you're happy with a 500hp truck keep the dmax. If you're happy with a 400hp truck by a 6.0, don't stud it and pay it off, If you want a 650hp truck....... well they're all expensive as hell just drive the one that looks the best in your driveway.

swinky

Reaction score
I really enjoy this statement.
You don't know the struggle until you spend 30 minutes at the track drilling out your nitrous jet by hand with some random rusty drill bit you found under your back seat. It's like a .196 jet now lolz

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
You don't know the struggle until you spend 30 minutes at the track drilling out your nitrous jet by hand with some random rusty drill bit you found under your back seat. It's like a .196 jet now lolz

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

hahaha, spray and pray

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my pile of junk for a dmax but I said the other day I wouldn't trade it for a 6.7 either.

The price of 6.0s have been going up around me. As much as I absolutely love my truck I'd have a hard time buying another one at the price I've seen them at.

So you buy a nice low mile 05-07 6.0 for lets say 18k, stud it, tires, wheels, exhaust, tuner.... You're already damn near 25k into it and you'd be lucky to get that 18k back if you decided to sell it a year down the road. Now do a s364.5, some 205/75s, trans, fuel system and you will barely outrun a tuned 6.4 or efi, trans, upgraded front end dmax.

I just spray the glowplugs out of my truck at the track to make myself feel better about the money I've spent.

If you're happy with a 500hp truck keep the dmax. If you're happy with a 400hp truck by a 6.0, don't stud it and pay it off, If you want a 650hp truck....... well they're all expensive as hell just drive the one that looks the best in your driveway.

This x1000

I love my 6.0 but I have probably $15k invested into a 220k mi 06, that is worth maybe $15k. Keep the LMM unless you're dead set on getting the 6.0

Atsah

Reaction score
6.0's are going up in price somewhere?? You can buy one for half nothing around here.. For a truck that started out a POS that is getting older doesn't sound like a smart move to buy one.. I dumped more freakin money in the two I had that when I think about it, it makes me sick.. Some of them seem to run okay but I wouldn't give 5 grand for a last year out the door 07..

Every time I hear one coming I feel bad for the owner..

Reaction score
I found mine at half blue book value. I know that wouldn't work for a trade but... I have done trans, studs, wheels tires and is going in for turbo and injectors and I might have mine at listed book value. There out there if you look.
course' I daily drive a 6.7 :D

Latest posts

Members online