WW2/38R noise

Pyromaniak001

Reaction score
When I put the WW2 in mine it sounded like that too. I think it's normal. As long as you aren't having performance issues (low power, high smoke/egts) I think you're fine, although it does sound a bit louder than mine does... May just be camera placement though

David N

Reaction score
Do another run with it and actually let it light. Mine still had that growl sound down low (less than 5psi) but after that it goes away and actually has the turbo sound to it.

DocBar

Reaction score
Maybe there's a koala bear stuck under the hood? :lame: :cursing:

Sounded kinda normal to me. Like was posted earlier, get into it and let the turbo light.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
The more I drive the quieter it seems. And yes it only does it down low. Once its spooling it sounds sweeeet. Gotta say it has made a huge difference. It spools uber quick and hits 40
before you know it.
And Ron, I have the aFe

Last edited:

Molokai

Reaction score
I have a 38r and mine sounds nothing like that. I can bearly here the whistle and there is no grouling noise. I wish mine sounds like that.

DocBar

Reaction score
The more I drive the quieter it seems. And yes it only does it down low. Once its spooling it sounds sweeeet. Gotta say it has made a huge difference. It spools uber quick and hits 40
before you know it.
And Ron, I have the aFe
Before you judge the 38R, tow with it across the Outback.

Pearsons Diesel

Reaction score
Mine is differnt then. I just put the wheel in mine and you can barely hear it at all. With the stock wheel it had the loud whistle, the billet one is very quite but it spools faster and makes more boost

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'd go nuts listening to that after a few hours... So glad I dont have a 38R on my rig.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.