Yet again asking if anyone has any ideas..

CCRICE

Reaction score
Ok, so heres the issue. Occasionally rolling down the road the truck will stick at 1500ish RPMS, I let off the throttle for a few seconds and most of the time this cures the issue. I build boost fine and already tested the FICM, It never drops below 47V. At one point I had the #8 Cylinder contribution code but cleared it and it hasn't been back since.. I've researched all over the internet and can't find anything. Maybe my ICP going out? Any ideas on what to check would be awesome.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
injector #8 more than likely if youve gotten a code fore it. Have someone perform a balance test/contribution test.

jmclark

Reaction score
It's sounds more like a IPR is stick or has debris in the screen. Does it feel almost like the throttle is sticking

CCRICE

Reaction score
Doesnt feel like its sticking, the rpm will stay at like 1500 no matter how far i push on the pedal... Sometimes i can floor it and it will kick itself out of its funk and take off like a bat out of hell after like 5-8 seconds.. This is weird... And like i said its an intermittent problem...:fustrate:

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
would look at the ipr...that can cause a dead pedal. also the harness for the icp sensor could be bad or the sensor itself. and throttle pedal codes?

CCRICE

Reaction score
No pedal codes, I'm gonna pull the icp after work today and look up how to test the ipr. Just from looking the icp looked fine no leaks and the wires didn't seem chaffed, but being a mechanic on tanks I know looks can be decieving...

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've been having the same exact issue lately, I only notice it if the truck isn't at operating temp, even if it's 100 degrees outside. I'm going to be swapping out the ipr next week, it should fix the problem.
I highly doubt the #8 contribution code has anything to do with the problem you're having.

CCRICE

Reaction score
I didn't think it did cooper, i might try the same thing, I would love to throw parts at it Morgan, studs for one... I just need the time and someone with a little more experience than me to do it... Money isn't the issue it's the time and know-how.. Is there any way to test the IRP without an edge? Like with a multimeter? The truck really only does it at operating temp... Which really throws me for a loop..

CCRICE

Reaction score
Might have to do some research, I'm in the market for an Insight CTS, but not going to order it since i'm leaving the state for 3 weeks for a school... Kinda hard to troubleshoot with an intermittent problem..

cbrown

Reaction score
If you work on tanks you can put studs in! Trust me, I work for a CAT dealer, and putting studs in is less work than most things I do.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
only way to know is to get AE or IDS on the truck, dont start throwing parts at it or play the guessing game, it will get expensive quick.

windrunner408

Reaction score
only way to know is to get AE or IDS on the truck, dont start throwing parts at it or play the guessing game, it will get expensive quick.

:whs: I recommend taking it to the stealership and hooking it up to their IDS and having them check to make sure all the sensors are functioning properly. I know it wont be cheap but it'll be cheaper than just buying parts that aren't the problem. JMO.

Latest posts

Members online