You guys thoughts on sumps

AKHILF

Reaction score
There are a bunch of different sumps on the market. TSD's hellmens bean's and xdp's any one have thought about what one stands out? TSD's is the highest price but it has the 5/8th and thats nice for the guys running big systems but I never plan on going huge so the 5/8ths dosnt really matter to me. Are any of them easier to install? My new airdog pump should be here tomorrow and I'd really like to help the new motor out with a sump. Thanks for the help guys

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think most new sumps come with a two-piece in tank ring so that you don't have to fight dropping the tank, getting the whole ring in through the canister port, yada yada yada. makes life easy. I run a Hellman sump on my truck and I really like it. I had to cut the ring in half to get it in but it was one of the first run of the DI sumps from back in the day. My next project will be getting a Complete Performance sump though. Has a nice drain plug on the bottom, two-piece ring, etc., Plus I kinda like the look of Paul's colors on them.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I think most new sumps come with a two-piece in tank ring so that you don't have to fight dropping the tank, getting the whole ring in through the canister port, yada yada yada. makes life easy. I run a Hellman sump on my truck and I really like it. I had to cut the ring in half to get it in but it was one of the first run of the DI sumps from back in the day. My next project will be getting a Complete Performance sump though. Has a nice drain plug on the bottom, two-piece ring, etc., Plus I kinda like the look of Paul's colors on them.

:whs: If I decide to get a sump it will for sure be from Complete. They look like an awesome piece, and the price is right.

01PSD

Reaction score
Bro just picked up one from Complete, it's a very nice piece! Gonna be honest, they looked a lot bigger in the pictures LOL

windrunner408

Reaction score
IMO, they all serve the same function and are priced fairly competitively with each other so I would say go with whatever one you like the best. I went with a XDP sump but all of the others would do the job. I think a sump is really the way to go when you deviate from the stock fuel pump over a draw straw, unless you go offroad. Other than that it is the best way to be able to use all of the fuel in the tank and not be stuck refilling at the 1/4 tank mark.

IMO, you're an idiot to either not drop the tank or lift the bed and open the tank up for the install. There are A LOT of shavings from drilling and cutting that get into the tank and it takes a lot of wiping to get them all cleaned up and it is nice to be able to just do a quick visual check inside to make sure everything is good to go before you button it up.

Again JMOs, take them FWIW and best of luck for sure.

stonepusher

Reaction score
I have TSD'S sump, Like stated above they all serve the same purpose it's just gonna be personal preference. I like TSD's bc of the smooth shape and many different colors you can get them in.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score

If they are done correctly they work flawless!

Paul does have a very nice setup, agreed!

:whs: If I decide to get a sump it will for sure be from Complete. They look like an awesome piece, and the price is right.

Bro just picked up one from Complete, it's a very nice piece! Gonna be honest, they looked a lot bigger in the pictures LOL

Thanks guys we appreciate everything:rockon:

Have a new batch in route....:D

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Oohhhhhh Pretty.....

557030_10150692679979004_552274003_9277365_5680484_n.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
I had a hellman sump for my old truck, it was nice. I have a beans sump on my truck now and I really like the quality, plus the drain and and the two piece ring with studs on it made for very easy install

Mdub707

Reaction score
Why is everyone so worried about the install where you don't drop the tank? I thought I remember reading about someone doing it (maybe Greg/Pizza Pig) that did it this way and said he took extra time to keep it really clean and vacuumed, but still found a few small pieces in his filter... well yeah, wont the filter catch anything you miss? Isn't that the point of the filter?

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Why is everyone so worried about the install where you don't drop the tank? I thought I remember reading about someone doing it (maybe Greg/Pizza Pig) that did it this way and said he took extra time to keep it really clean and vacuumed, but still found a few small pieces in his filter... well yeah, wont the filter catch anything you miss? Isn't that the point of the filter?

Correct.

We drain the tank. Drill all the holes. Reach through with a rag wipe all the area we can reach with the rag. Install and let it run.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Yup, i just replaced the filters, but the second time I did it (had to replace the tank) I did the sump while the tank was still out, and you would be surprised how many shavings and stuff are still in there. I was shocked, especially since the drills bits are designed to pull the material outward. I brake kleened the entire inside of the tank.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I will be installing a sump before I finish the fuel system on my truck and with how easy it.is to drop the tank I will probably go that route.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Do any of you guys run your rigs off road? More than playing in the mud I mean. I get into some thick stuff and would be concerned about a line comming off or the sump catching on something.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.