ZF5 short shift kit

BCpsd97

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am finding a lot of older threads around the web that include instructions on where to get a short shift kit for the zf5, but they have been discontinued from there. Anyone know where i might find one? Just did the zf5 swap a week ago and I love it but the throw is so long...Thanks ahead!

JCart

Reaction score
The kit is basically a longer shifter arm, a spacer plate, bolts and detent spring. A kit is the way to go if you can get one. I think that Jim at Rosewood still has them. Check with him. Here is a link to his site http://www.RosewoodDieselShop.com/

I hand made a short shifter a few years back now and it's still in service and has worked flawlessly. Shortened the throw by a bunch I think maybe Jim's might be more but not sure on that. Mine also did away with the reverse lockout, meaning you could (in theory) shift direct from 5th to reverse or 3rd to reverse. Not happened in my tranny though... I do have a write up in the link below.

jrc

jwlandry

Reaction score
Paul, when I head up that way so you can do my clutch think I can get you to install one of these as well?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.