zf5 swap PCM

BCpsd97

Reaction score
Hey, looking at a zf5 swap with a donor 94.5 7.3. Want to get rid of my e4od and I'm wondering, what happens if I keep my auto pcm? Thanks ahead guys. Any insights or thoughts appreciated.

Petro

Reaction score
You can run the auto pcm,I believe I remember reading it will give you a touchy gas pedal though. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.

BCpsd97

Reaction score
Yeah thanks, suppose I should have asked what happens if I can't get my hands on his pcm. It'd be nice to know what others have to say.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
I did the swap in mine very touchy pedal with auto tunes you have to leave the range selector I think its called plugged into the auto harness you won't have cruise or reverse lights

96F350KID

Reaction score
Some trucks will run with a lope idle sometimes. Had a few conversions do that. Just order a manual PCM

old man dave

Reaction score
I think drivability issues have a lot to do with the base PCM program. My buddy did the auto to manual swap with no issues using the auto PCM. His cruise and backup lights worked, have to enable cruise through the clutch and brake and the backup lights work with using the factory stick transmission harness to the backup switch (2 wires) on the 5-speed. It helped that he had the entire donor truck to do a factory install of the 5-speed down to the blank out panel for the shifter indicator in the dash and the 5-speed transmission doghouse. Auto out and 5-speed in per the Service Manual plus a couple of jumpers.

Last edited:

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Just get your chip burned to manual tunes. The pedal was too touchy on my 6speed swap with a auto tuned pcm. My truck also romped on start up till I got manual tunes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.