Zf6 rarity

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well there is supposed to be less driveline losses from a manual (as per college and driveline tech) and like you said not down shifting and being able to roll into it has to help.

B585Ford

Reaction score
And i want to remove my drain plug and put a temp sensor in to see how hot my trans gets as well. I was curious as to what temp it runs at and how it does loaded. If you do anything post it up i know i'd like to know more about this. I would really like to pu an oversized cooler on but i dont know what all is involved with that yet.

It will still be a few months (hopefully less but nothing moves fast with government) before I get into the 26k+ towing....I am going to try to keep everything legal for now on. Last summer I was always winging it and hoping not to get caught and I am tired of always watching for the DOT and praying they don't run me down when I pass the weigh station. Right now, my biggest hold up is waiting on DOT to approve my IRP account. Once that is done, I can get portioned tags and will be ready to roll.

Right now I am working on replacing my GN hitch. It is 3/4" steel plate on the top and sides are all welded on...it is a DIY job. I think it is stronger than any of the ones you can buy, but now I will have DOT and MC #s so I have to go through more thorough inspections. Since it is not rated, I gotta remove it and replace it with something that is rated. Of course, I gotta pull the bed to get the old one out, then drop in a B&W.

That's a really good idea with drain plug sensor. Have you found any that are a direct fit? When time permits, I am definitely gonna look at this closer (temps and different cooler) and of course, if I try anything I will keep everyone posted.

kb156

Reaction score
do any of your guys trucks have the big center console and not the bench seat? my xlt came with the bench seat and i dont plan on using it very much having a stick.. just wondering if it caused any problems for you guys

brooksfruge

Reaction score
do any of your guys trucks have the big center console and not the bench seat? my xlt came with the bench seat and i dont plan on using it very much having a stick.. just wondering if it caused any problems for you guys

I just did a zf6 swap in my 2008 6.4 and I kept the center console the truck came with while it had the auto in it, no issues whatsoever but I am running a short throw kit

kb156

Reaction score
I just did a zf6 swap in my 2008 6.4 and I kept the center console the truck came with while it had the auto in it, no issues whatsoever but I am running a short throw kit

good choice on doing the swap! but cool good to know. thanks. mind posting a picture of it?

B585Ford

Reaction score

I don't have a bench seat. I do have the fold console in the middle....that was al from the factory. No issues

kb156

Reaction score
i guess i should clarify by bench seat.. i have the bench seat with the console that folds up to make a seat.. i was looking at swapping that out for the big center console that replaced the middle seat.

B585Ford

Reaction score
i guess i should clarify by bench seat.. i have the bench seat with the console that folds up to make a seat.. i was looking at swapping that out for the big center console that replaced the middle seat.

Ok, I was confused at what you were asking. That makes sense. I cant say from mine whether it would work, but I doubt you would have any issues.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
It's pretty tough to keep from pushing that button! Lol! I started out with a big tune, once it slipped I dropped to 80hp but it was still too much... Finally got it to Valair to get set up with there first 6.4 dual disc and its been hammer down ever since! Close to 25k miles on clutch so far and still doing great! Once you get a clutch that will handle the power you will have perma grin every time you get behind the wheel!

obs7.3

Reaction score
Your probably right... I won't be able to keep my foot out of it. Lol. I wanted to get a few things done first anyway before I push the truck too hard so it may be a good thing the clutch will slip hahaha

kb156

Reaction score
I got my tuner in december, babied it since i couldnt hear it much, and got good fuel mileage. installed my exhaust in february.. it sounded too good. now i need a clutch. and my truck is back in tow tune. south bend double disc! almost got enough to buy one. not sure what model i want though.

Latest posts

Members online