Zf6 short throw shifter?????

Strokin89

Reaction score
Hey y'all I searched on here but didn't find anything about a short throw shifter or much else for a zf6. Does anyone have one or know someone who does? Just wondering if it is a good improvement over stock and if it's worth the money.

william_ace

Reaction score
I believe Chris Guest has one in his single cab. Maybe he will chime in. .. . I would also like to get one for my truck!

true98jeep

Reaction score
Midwest Transmission makes them for the zf-6. They are a sponsor on here as well. I had one to install but I sold the truck before putting it on but heard nothing but great reviews on them.

true98jeep

Reaction score
They are awesome guys to deal with. Great customer service and very friendly. They took care of me when I bought mine. I just wish I actually got to use it.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Too bad you never put it on my other question was how much of a pain is it to install. Seems to me it'd be pretty simple but idk I've never done one

Strokin89

Reaction score
Not that I plan on racing it really but I wonder if it makes shifting faster. I've never ran one I've sat in a mustang that had a short throw but never drove it.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yes i would say a good bit faster, I posted a video link awhile ago of me shifting, guys wanted to see how much of a difference it was, don't know if this link will work

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYeic7Gavs

Ha I saw that on YouTube earlier when I was searching. Nice truck by the way wish I had a 6.4 my old man has a 08 but it's an auto of love to have a 6.4 stick:ford:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm aloud to post that or not hahaha I'll pm you

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Well I think it's settled I'll be ordering my short shift kit soon

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Latest posts

Members online