Zone 4" Radius arm lift review

jaynick1

Reaction score
Like the title states, anyone running this lift? And if so how is it? I know its no carli or BDS, but a 4-6k lift is not in the cards for me yet.

I would eventually upgrade it with a 4 link setup and traction bars. BUt as a starter kit does it do the trick?

Follow on question, would my airbags still work if I installed a block in the rear?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Like the title states, anyone running this lift? And if so how is it? I know its no carli or BDS, but a 4-6k lift is not in the cards for me yet.

I would eventually upgrade it with a 4 link setup and traction bars. BUt as a starter kit does it do the trick?

Follow on question, would my airbags still work if I installed a block in the rear?

I think you could do a 4" BDS with fox shocks way cheaper than 4-6K and have a much better lift. Anything with a progressive coil up front will give you a much better ride too. (Carli or Icon). As far as the Air bags they would have to have a bump stop tang to still ride on. Thats why I went with the OUO traction blocks with the bump stop plate and have my bags bolted directly to them.

FourEyed

Reaction score
I just put this lift on my truck a couple months ago with their nitro shocks. The ride is identical to stock as far as I can tell... Easy to install came with quality components and hardware. I was a bit nervous because everyone was steering me toward icon, carli, bds, etc.. My buddy went for the carli 4.5, and Neither of us can tell a difference between the ride between our trucks. Maybe the carli wil perform better off road, but relistically how much of that are you doing anyway?

I am running the standard firestone air bag kit with no issues as well.

My .02

Notneb

Reaction score
What Carli 4.5 was it? Makes all the difference, but yes you'll see the difference off-road, which is the only reason to get a Carli. If you just want the look, I'd go BDS. I had a full 4-link 4" BDS with full deaver rears and Fox 2.0's and it rode just fine on pavement. The Carli I have now runs circles around it off-road though.

Get an Icon or Carli if you plan on going off-road at a decent speed, go with a BDS if you spend most your time on pavement or like going slow off-road.

JMart

Reaction score
Zone is owned by BDS. If you are looking for a good lift for a little less money that you are going to upgrade later I would get the Zone. I put the same lift on my 05. I went with the cheap shocks and I think it rides just like stock. My brother rode in it and was surprised that it rides smoother than his 2wd Tundra. That being said 17" wheels will ride smoother than 20" wheels too. I have had it over a year and had no complaints. Solid hardware, easy to follow install instructions. Pretty happy all around.

My main reason for doing the Zone lift was so I could get the look I wanted with the wheels and tires without having to shell out a lot of money all at once. Then I can upgrade a piece at a time as I go along. I plan to get Fox shocks, then I can get traction blocks, then last I can get ALA's with progressive springs.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Thanks for the specific responses guys, big help. I think I am gonna go with the zone 4 inch radius lift, the add PMF's long arm four link kit when I get back from deployment next spring.
http://www.pmfsuspension.com/2011-15-Ford-F-250350-HD-Long-Arm-4-Link-Kit_p_107.html

Maybe do some progressive coils as well....already have scored some fuel kranks for cheap with 35's, but they dont clear right now due to offset.

ultra2207

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438665184.581411.jpgI installed a 6" zone radius arm lift a few weeks ago. Super impressed with the kit for the price. I went with the nitro shocks and added the dual steering stabilizer. Rides like stock IMO.

sent via tapatalk

ultra2207

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438750794.450954.jpgYep, 37's and 22's. Just added recons today so I snapped a front pic. Looks good with the zone dual steering stabilizer. I painted the shocks silver.

sent via tapatalk

jaynick1

Reaction score
Nice, will 20x10 with 35s and 4.5inch backspacing not rub? With the 4 inch lift. Survey says it should...

jaynick1

Reaction score
Alright so my budget has "expanded" a bit, more in the neighbor hood of 3k and under. However this has raised a whole mess of other questions.

To 3-link, 4-link or radius arm drop? I have seen arguments for and against all 3 options.

My main requirements are 4-4.5 inches, progressive springs, decent shocks, and either new rear spring or a block. I have air bags in the rear and would like to keep them, however its not a deal breaker. Not really looking for traction bars yet either.

Truck will see 85-90% street use with the occasional weekend hunting/shooting trip.

My biggest concern is smooth street manners. And slightly above average handling offroad.

Any extra input is greatly appreciated.

White_monster

Reaction score
Blocks in rear with traction bars, honestly they aren't a bad idea. I like the adjustable radius arms steering manors over anything else on our trucks. I've tried 4 link and radius arm drop brackets and came back to adjustable radius arms which every one calls 3 link. As for the rest that's all up to your wallet.

sootie

Reaction score
i'm with him^^^^

block mount traction bars built to whatever height you want for the rear. Fox shocks, icon progressive rate springs and OUO ALA's. Done.

JMart

Reaction score
i'm with him^^^^

block mount traction bars built to whatever height you want for the rear. Fox shocks, icon progressive rate springs and OUO ALA's. Done.

Thats what I am working up to. I just couldn't afford all that at once plus wheels and tires, as a broke college kid. I got the wheels and tires on there with the drop bracket kit. Next up is the Fox shocks. Should be real soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.