6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
New traction bars on Friday night,2" .250 wall tubing with chromoly heim joints, they're pretty heavy duty so they shouldn't bend this time! Headed up to Collingwood Great northern exhibition last night...pulled 271 ft good enough for 6 out of 7, competition was real tough and everyone ran real good, blocked the rear suspension solid this time, truck still pulled smooth, just waiting on videos!
Mine and my buddies duramax heading out to the pull, he got first place with 318'
bapujamu.jpg

8e9adygy.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Videos from last weekend
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

thanks to Sootie for taking the video...loose track so it was off the rev limiter a few times again, need a weight bracket on the front for next season for sure

And another video of the whole class starting at 1m30s
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

sootie

Reaction score
Good job Ty, that track wasnt optimal by any means. what tire pressure were you running?

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Good job Ty, that track wasnt optimal by any means. what tire pressure were you running?

Yeah this truck blows on loose tracks,always has...and i ran 25 in the front and 50 in the rear, seems to be what most other guys run them at, but hanging weight on the front makes a big difference in how they squat.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
do you have any videos driving on the street with the current set up

I have some very short ones(under 10 seconds) of half throttle like 20-60 and 40-80 videos I can post up if that helps, I'd take some more but the truck is stored for the winter now.

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
take her to the millbrooke fair in june im building a 6.4 as well single build question where did u get that rear bumper

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
take her to the millbrooke fair in june im building a 6.4 as well single build question where did u get that rear bumper

It's a street scene roll pan I got it off sinister diesel I believe

Could you throw up some links man

Yeah I'll have to upload them and post them to YouTube I can do that sometime this weekend and I'll post up a link to them.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
how does the hitch work on those roll pans

The stock hitch will work but it looks god awful and rubs the bottom of the roll pan which I imagine would eventually rub thru the paint and cause problems. I removed the hitch after pulling season was over and I'm having a custom hitch made up in the spring to mount up in behind the roll pan so it can't be seen and the receiver will exit thru the license plate hole. Using the stock hitch was just a temporary thing to get me thru this pulling season

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Haven't updated on here in awhile. Have a few changes coming for the truck for this season, first pull is may 29th so hope to have it ready by then, just been driving it lately, still running great!
Putting together the materials to make a custom hitch that mounts up under my roll pan and comes out the licence plate hole, was losing a lot of hitch height last season so this should help out a lot. Also building a weight bracket for the front to hang weights off each side as well as a flat steel plate to display the trucks name "Half-Charged". On the list as well is a Detroit tru-trac for the rear and possibly a grizzly locker for the front and maybe some stronger axle shafts. I have some RPM off road drive flanges waiting to be installed for the pulling season as well. I'd like to build the drive train strong, see how it works for a few pulls, then either going with river city cp3 add on or a dual k16 set up from Morgan at midwest and some 60 over injectors.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
By the way here is the new tow pig I picked up a few weeks ago, bought a dodge cummins that I had for the winter but sold it to buy this rig :D 94.5 F250 7.3 powerstroke with a zf5 manual. Looking at deck over trailers in the next few weeks to haul the pull truck around.
e620ddad968b83088ffa7e9b22a1d1f4.jpg

gman1

Reaction score
Sounds like your headed in the right direction! Good luck with it this pulling season!

Rubenk

Reaction score
Love seeing an super cab pull truck! Gives me hope for mine some day...

Good luck in this season! I'll be pulling my mostly stock one for the first tomorrow.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Some tough trucks were built this winter but hope to atleast make a dent in the completion!
Decided on the truetrac for sure for the rear, what's everyone's suggestion for the front? Was looking at Yukon grizzly lockers, need something that works good at the pulls, is strong and still has good street manners. And maybe some chromoly axle shafts that won't break the bank as well.