6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks! Just got in from finishing up the u joint shields. Electric fans, tranny blanket and airkill system go in tomorrow night/Saturday. I'll make sure someone gets some videos of the pulls Saturday night.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
where are you pulling on Sat

Fergus fall fair, Saturday night starts at 6...feversham fair is Sunday might pull there too depending on how Saturday goes, it's just a bush pull though.

Have you tried a 4th gear tune. Put the truck in drive. With the tune it will start in 4th. Have it so the converter locks at 8-10mph

Not yet, hoping the added weight and bump stops will help it catch traction, biggest problem with this truck is it just blows the tires off down the track and spins out as soon as the weight comes up on the sled, I'll be one of only 2 trucks in the class not running dual tires on the back, so traction might be an issue compared to the other trucks.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Well after a long day of working on the truck yesterday, electric fans, air kill system, trans blanket, cross bolts in downpipe and driveshaft safety loop all installed in one day, finished half an hour before the pull and made it just in time. Hooked in the pro street diesel class, ended up being test hooker again, pulled 305' for the first pull, but bent my traction bars and stripped one if the heim joints so I turned down a re pull, tightest track of the year cause it was so cold out. Truck worked good though, waiting on some videos. Guess I'll be looking for some new traction bars this week.
ygaqu4ub.jpg
vedatyva.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
what size is the tubing you used in them?

Not sure, bought them thru a buddy who had them made by a guy north of me, they were cheaply made but seemed to work, first tight track I've pulled with them on and clearly they didn't hold up..just bent them back up with a jack for now lol

Riverside

Reaction score
X2 on OUO bars.....love mine.

But since your brackets are set up for heims Get ya some 2" OD .250 wall DOM tubing.
Weld in threaded bungs and some currie rod ends.

That will not bend.

You can get everything you need at

Polyperformance.com

I can post up some pics of what I'm talking about if ya would like

Last edited:

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks, a local guy makes these for $250 installed, or they make ladder bars too for more $$ but he said the single bar will hold up, anything is better then what was on there
9u5y6ena.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
The ones that were on there had rebar welded on the insides of them...hated those traction bars anyways I'm glad they finally bent so I can get a better set lol

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well rebar welded to the side isn't much of a gusset. An average man could bend rebar over his knee. You need gussets like on the pretty looking traction bars lol

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I waited 3 months for those bars I was pretty sure the guy took my money and wasn't going to give me them lol they were made for my old 6.0 but by the time I got them it was already for sale...I do love my pmf 4 link bars though, everyone scratches they're heads as to why my truck has never hopped even once going down the track lol

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
On a side note...truck ran good with the electric fans, removed the shroud also, tones more room to work on the motor, not sure if it was just cause it was cold last night but on the way to the pull ECT was 190, usually at 198. And while pulling it started the pull at 142 and ended the pull at 188 degrees. They are 2 16" 2500 cfm flex a lite fans.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
heres a open facebook link to the video, not private so anyone without facebook should still be able to watch it

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=810887422290279&set=vb.248490438529983&type=3&theater

for anyone whos going to ask the jump at the end was a little shifter mishap lol not too worried about it, pull looked perfect other then that.
Anyone with facebook the Diesel Dr posts all videos of the local pro street diesel class onto facebook, sorry no youtube videos from that class ever get posted!

Latest posts

Members online