Kingzilla build!

madman1234509

Reaction score
If anything I think slightly smaller on the hp turbo. But I'd stay with a better quality ball bearing unit. That's the turbo taking on the most load, and wouldn't be the one I'd cheap out on if I had the money to spend.

I also wouldn't start smaller overall like mentioned above and go bigger once you're "dialed". You change the turbo set up and then you need to dial it in all over again as far as the gates go. I'd stick with the gt55. Also you guys need to remember MPD broke a ton of stuff because they were running a heavy pig cc/sb. Not saying that what they have done with king Kong isn't impressive because it is, but to be competitive you need a lighter truck. There is a reason all the big dodge guys like Phil Taylor and Milliken are running single cabs. This truck is a good bit lighter and should handle it better.

Last edited:

RedRice589

Reaction score
If anything I think slightly smaller on the hp turbo. But I'd stay with a better quality ball bearing unit. That's the turbo taking on the most load, and wouldn't be the one I'd cheap out on if I had the money to spend.

I also wouldn't start smaller overall like mentioned above and go bigger once you're "dialed". You change the turbo set up and then you need to dial it in all over again as far as the gates go. I'd stick with the gt55. Also you guys need to remember MPD broke a ton of stuff because they were running a heavy pig cc/sb. Not saying that what they have done with king Kong isn't impressive because it is, but to be competitive you need a lighter truck. There is a reason all the big dodge guys like Phil Taylor and Milliken are running single cabs. This truck is a good bit lighter and should handle it better.

Very true. But wouldn't you think a reasonable setup with the right tuning should annihilate on fuel.ci mean clausen is running a. 66/88? Or bigger and he's running 37's. I just see there being a lot of broken crap because when they hit they hit hard. Good point on the weight but power will break it as well... Especially drag racing. Even a RCLB. 6.4 is a heavy pig.

madman1234509

Reaction score
It may do alright.... but 66/88 set ups time and time again have only made solid 900hp trucks. I could get on another dyno tomorrow or go race and get numbers back showing I'm closer to 900 hp for all I know. I think if someone were building a competitive truck they need a solid 1000+hp fuel only truck, and that's only going to happen withmore air in the engine. We already have ridiculous amounts of fuel, that's not what is limiting us, it's the air. I'm thinking the heads need to have a really good port job and a bigger intake manifold that has a consistent size all the way to the rear cylinders. No need for a stock manifold with aftermarket non stock housing chargers. MPD used a 75 and like a 105 or something. So a 70/93 is mellow compared to that.

Motostroker

Reaction score
you desperately need Dillehay's turbo setup...

I know I know lol. $$$ is the only thing holding me back. Trying to figure out how to pull another 4k out of my ass real quick. I allotted a certain amount for each section of the build, and dillehays setup is out of the range. So tuned as I'm trying to figure some stuff out. I want it just as bad as y'all do

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know I know lol. $$$ is the only thing holding me back. Trying to figure out how to pull another 4k out of my ass real quick. I allotted a certain amount for each section of the build, and dillehays setup is out of the range. So tuned as I'm trying to figure some stuff out. I want it just as bad as y'all do

hit me up we can work something out. I'd like to get it outta my life.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Looks like it should be a fun build. Sticking with the long bed?

Shorty conversion is later down the road. I can always enjoy it for a year or so the put it back under the knife. First I need to see how hard it is to keep traction lol

Members online

No members online now.