EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
dont say you need more boxes, because i'm sure he has already spent more of your money. LOL

Fixed! Lol :thumbsup:

Nate convinced me to do several things on this truck I hadn't planned on doing but after realizing I might as well do everything I can while the cab is off, and the funds allowed, so I went ahead and listened to him, my bank account will hate him but I'm sure I'll personally love all the extra cool stuff!

Black AOD

Reaction score

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well I guess I spoke to soon, Elite 1x Cam shipped to UDP Today. Finally! Thank Tadd! :thumbsup:

Black AOD

Reaction score
So I'm debating on upgrading my factory VGT to elites 59mm VGT hp turbo. I can run it on stock nozzles and fuel...I would think it would help me reach my goal of 700rwhp, I'm just thinking about EBP as there is no wastegate for my setup as all my piping is already sitting and none of it is plumbed for a wastegate. Thoughts / Opinions? Bashing? Lol :morons:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
If the funds are there I would just get it. It allows you to grow in the future having that turbo. Plus it's all apart so why not. It's just money lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
If the funds are there I would just get it. It allows you to grow in the future having that turbo. Plus it's all apart so why not. It's just money lol

Haha just money. MY MONEY lol. I'm just thinking about how high EBP might go if i make the switch, i just dont want to add a wastegate at this point. It'd be PITA.

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Lol. It'd be less of a pain in the azz now then later down the road. Everything is apart now haha. I don't see bp going up a lot from just adding the turbo. But then again idk. I don't have those vgt things anymore. I just know the feeling of looking back and saying man I wish I would've done that then.

sootie

Reaction score
i say add the 59mm...i would lean you towards RCD's though...from a customer support standpoint. if they dont have stock, Morgan @ Midwest does

Black AOD

Reaction score
Decision made. Elite Tow Power Plus HP VGT added. Ironically enough, Elite was out of stock but RCD had one on shelf, haha. It's ordered. Will be here next week I'd guess.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Big Poppa didn't want to risk losing to a 6.7 in Ohio so he felt the need to get more power... I'll wave hi to your truck for ya tonight. Running down to UDP to pick some stuff up

Black AOD

Reaction score
Iirrc the elite vgt has a bigger turbine. So it should help keep the ebp lower

Cool. Thanks guys, I just dont want to pay more $ for a wastegate and go through the hassle of setting it up properly at this point.

Big Poppa didn't want to risk losing to a 6.7 in Ohio so he felt the need to get more power... I'll wave hi to your truck for ya tonight. Running down to UDP to pick some stuff up

All I can do is laugh because "Big Poppa" lol....you're a larger guy than me Pete! lol

webb06

Reaction score
You're only looking at $500 max I would think to have a gate installed. Plus the shop you're at should be able to modify the up pipe and add a provision for a gate. I would recommend you do it now rather than once the cab is back on.

Black AOD

Reaction score
You're only looking at $500 max I would think to have a gate installed. Plus the shop you're at should be able to modify the up pipe and add a provision for a gate. I would recommend you do it now rather than once the cab is back on.

Trust me, I'm highly thinking about it. Thanks though webb! :thumbsup: