EC/LB Motor Build

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
After watching you rap every single word to "I love it when you call me big poppa" at the bar you will forever be know as "Big Poppa" to me.

But yes I would install a waste gate now... more $$$ now but saves $$$ later.

Black AOD

Reaction score
wtf? wrong song bud lol. It was hypnotized by Notorious B.I.G. Don't hate on me just cuz I got love for Biggie Smalls. It's like the only rap I even like rofl

Yeah, I'm going to talk to Nate about doing a gate.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you can pay for the parts, and basic installation of the gate, since your cab is up.

or you can pay for the parts, basic installation of the gate, and potentially have to pay to have your cab lifted again depending on what you go with for a gate, and the shop you have it done at.

doing it now potentially saves you a rather large pile of money down the road.

my .02

Black AOD

Reaction score
Does anybody here run the H&S Wastegate kit? I like the fact that my down pipe & up-pipes wouldn't have to be switched out to use it since they don't have any provisions for them. Anybody have reviews on it?

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I put a kit on my buddy's dually similar to that setup and it worked flawlessly. If it's made by H&S I'm sure it's top notch. I'm trying to convince my buddy to do it on his truck. So hopefully you get it and he sees your review on it LOL

Black AOD

Reaction score
I put a kit on my buddy's dually similar to that setup and it worked flawlessly. If it's made by H&S I'm sure it's top notch. I'm trying to convince my buddy to do it on his truck. So hopefully you get it and he sees your review on it LOL

Yeah I want to do the H&S Wastegate, I talked to Dallas, he was awesome to talk to and a huge help, basically all we will have to do is use their 6.4 kit but we will have to weld the gate somewhere in the piping according to them, still need to figure out where though. Ill let you know if/when we do it so your buddy can have an idea.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sweet. Sounds good. Just sucks that you need to weld it in tho. Forgot that you had up pipes and not using the factory ones.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ehh, I come from a fabrication background, it won't be too bad imo. Better now with the cab off and easy access than later. Although thinking about this earlier when ordering up and down pipes would have been smarter lmao :doh:

Black AOD

Reaction score
LOL yea but atleast you're gonna do it now while the cab is up.

True, haha. Stopped down at Unlimited Diesel today, dropped off the RCD pan which is now powder coated Silver Wrinkle. Motor assembly begins today and will go through the week including suspension work as well. Hoping to have everything back in the truck with all the new parts installed and on by next week, tuning will happen next week as well. Made a final decision to change Up-Pipes and get another set of RCD's Up-Pipes with EGR Provision. Sean @ SDP will be providing a waste gate kit for this, using a TIAL wastegate. So now the parts list goes as follows

New Reman 6.4 shortblock, machined and surfaced
HD Pistons, flycut, delipped and coated. Big Thanks to Morgan @ Midwest
Stage 1x Cam from Tadd @ Elite
SADP Lifters also courtesy of Tadd @ Elite
New OEM Rockers
New OEM heads, surfaced, hardened valve seats
Extreme H13 Studs
RCD High Rev Valve Springs & HD Pushrods
Elite Tow Power Plus Compounds (72 Atmo/59mm VGT HP)
Elite Billet Flexplate
BD 6.0 Exhaust Manifolds
RCD Up-Pipes w/EGR
RCD Ported Intake Manifold
MPD CCV Reroute
New OEM Waterpump
Sinister Coolant Filter Kit
No Limit Polished Hot Pipe
New front body mounts
Alradco Radiator & Intercooler
Revised OEM upper & Lower Radiator Hoses
Dynatrac Balljoints
ICON 2.5" Front Coil Springs
ICON adjustable track bar w/upgraded rod end
OUO Adj ALA's 3-Link
OUO 5" Traction Blocks w/Long Gusset Bars
Hellwig Front & Rear Swaybars
SDP Downpipe
SDP Waste Gate Kit w/Tial Waste Gate
5" Flo Pro Exhaust
ATI Harmonic Balancer/Damper
ARP Flexplate bolts & Crank Bolts
Diesel Site Intercooler Piping Boots
RCD Aluminum Oil Pan
Mag Hytec 5R110 Transmission Pan
K&P Engineering Oil Filter

There will be a brand New Edge CTS to monitor everything now as well. No limit Cold Side Pipe, Air Intake and Intake elbow being reused. Injectors flow tested & Balanced by River City. They will be re-used. Updated Degas Bottle. Elite ported fuel Rails being re-used as well. Tuning will be Gearhead. This SHOULD be the finalized list LOL

sootie

Reaction score
why the ported fuel rails? has anybody quantified any sort of gain from them other than surging that has to be tuned out?

Black AOD

Reaction score
why the ported fuel rails? has anybody quantified any sort of gain from them other than surging that has to be tuned out?

They were on the truck when I bought it. They are just being re-used since they are there. Some say with tuning they help eliminate surging on big HP tunes by aiding the HPFP, some say they don't do anything. I personally don't know though.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Might have to dust off the GoPros when she's done and take it for a joy ride. Hell of a list of parts brother. Hope she goes together smoothly

Black AOD

Reaction score
Might have to dust off the GoPros when she's done and take it for a joy ride. Hell of a list of parts brother. Hope she goes together smoothly

Lol, yup yup. Thanks Pete, hope yours does too once you get your I/C stuff back. Then we can roll down to TS together hopefully! :fordoval:

sootie

Reaction score
They were on the truck when I bought it. They are just being re-used since they are there. Some say with tuning they help eliminate surging on big HP tunes by aiding the HPFP, some say they don't do anything. I personally don't know though.

10-4 i remember now...

B585Ford

Reaction score
You're only looking at $500 max I would think to have a gate installed. Plus the shop you're at should be able to modify the up pipe and add a provision for a gate. I would recommend you do it now rather than once the cab is back on.

Sorry I missed this and am late on responding to the topic...I am with the others and agree to do a WG now. I doubt the 59 (even with a bigger turbine) is going to make that much of a difference.

atarrier33

Reaction score
I already decided to do a gate, I realized it'd be dumb not to, thanks for the input though b585!

Black AOD

Reaction score
F*** off Pete lol. I fixed it now. I haven't used Tapatalk till now. I didn't realize it was going to do that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.