2015 egr ****** issue

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a buddy in washington Tryin to tackle his egr ***** today on his 2015. He bought a kit from a shop that pretty much machined their "own" kit after a sinister kit. The shop said the kit will work on 11+ powerstrokes... is that true?

Anyway... the dilemma he is having is the supply line from the T to the cooler is left wide open and the directions don't tell him what do do with it... the directions only talk about 2 lines, and he says he has 3. At this point if he started the truck he would be blowing coolant everywhere... the hose has a plastic twist disconnect type fitting. He understands he could cut the end off and put a plug in but he's not backyard like that.

AndY help would be greatly appreciated.
Don

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
This is the hose he doesn't know what to do with.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 194

pdumont01

Reaction score
Ford sells a hose that goes from the metal connector to the heater core without the extra hose. I'm not sure of the part number it came in the kit that I installed from no limit you can see it sort of in this pic
805d4cf2d4313006061b7fddf67ab6d0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
I'm not there with him... but I'm assuming that the T is sending coolant to the egr AND the heater core? So what your saying is the hose he should of got it the kit only sends coolant to the heater core?

pdumont01

Reaction score
I'm not there with him... but I'm assuming that the T is sending coolant to the egr AND the heater core? So what your saying is the hose he should of got it the kit only sends coolant to the heater core?
Exactly. It has no extra hose coming off the front. If I was at the truck I could get u the part number, maybe someone else who has done the d leet can chime in.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Here is another pic maybe you can see it a little better
764d9bc2d2421d1cf0561bd65b3631b2.jpg

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
He didnt buy the OEM hose. he simply cut off the plastic ends and put a double male hose barb inbetween them... off he went. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online