2022 F250 Build/Mod/Spam Thread

ToMang07

Reaction score
So the tire were just plain bad. That happens as well.
That's my guess. Neither shop could tell me which tire, so they replaced all 4. I'm just glad it's sorted, wasted too much time and fuel chasing it down.

Next challenge... getting a 5th wheel hitched up... lol

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That's my guess. Neither shop could tell me which tire, so they replaced all 4. I'm just glad it's sorted, wasted too much time and fuel chasing it down.

Next challenge... getting a 5th wheel hitched up... lol

That's where the cab mounted camera would be nice.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Yep
20230624_110039.jpg
20230624_110053.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well... block kit won't work, lol, so rear end is back to stock. View attachment 187138View attachment 187139

My toy hauler has the springs flipped to the top side of the axle. It’s a little more than 2 in though, but it may be perfect. My truck has the factory 3 1/2 or whatever the f350 block is, and 35s, and trailer sits fairly level towing. Although it’s a heavy bitch, and I’m sitting on the overloads, which may be part of it, yes I need bags, I know…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well it's getting new tires this weekend, I'll see how it looks then. Axle flip is the next step methinks.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I think that the axle under the springs would work good.

Personally I like siting on the load leveler spring. There's less movement went towing. But I am used to a live load.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
While you are in there, it might be worth replacing the cheese dick light duty axles and springs with some heavier duty stuff. Always hated those dinky little bastards.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I mean they are 6,000lb axles, not that small.

To upgrade to something like 8k axles would cost about as much as I paid for the trailer. Not really worth it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I may yet, lol, gonna run it like this for a bit first tho. TBH I was thinking about removing the blocks for more clearance in the front for the plow anyway.

Dieseldreamer23

Reaction score
Last diesel I played with was the 7.3, no EPA bullshit.

I know many of you have had these newer ones a while... short of regular oil changes with OEM filters and keeping DEF *gags* topped off...

What should I know? Not looking to tune until it's out of warranty. Then I'll look into tunes/deeleets.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Related to "EPA B*$$#@!^", FICMrepair released their "LHG" unit for the '17+ 6.7L PowerStroke. Seems like a pretty cool new product. Supposed to help keep the motor running clean by quickly getting up to and maintaining ideal operating temps. (i.e. less soot/DPM production = fewer problems) I know they've been used on generators, big trucks and buses and some folks swear by them. With any of these newer emissions equipped rigs, the cleaner you can get them to run the fewer regens and problems you'll have down the road so it seems like a clever offering. LOL... all these new emissions systems are driving up resale values on the old 6.0L & 7.3L rigs. Things were "better" back then. :)

ToMang07

Reaction score
You know, I find it funny that the liometer became more accurate after I had a 37s on it, it was reading 18.9mpg. Not bad for always driving like an asshole.
Screenshot_20230825_175341_Calculator.jpg

Members online

No members online now.