2022 F250 Build/Mod/Spam Thread

ToMang07

Reaction score
Nice! Mines on 3:55s and the 6r so I was curious. Do you like the manners?
I love the truck overall, 20k miles so far. That said.... the CP4 still scares me, and I'm worried about the 10R. If it sits for a few days it occasionally will act like there is no power when I start it and go to drive. Makes me think the TC or the pump is losing prime. And being a covid special, there's no ATF dipstick.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
It doesn’t have the little nub on the passenger side that you can’t check with it up to temp without getting burned by the exhaust?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
These 6.7L diesels continue to impress me.

That's really good for big tires on a full sized pickup!

The lack of a dipstick would really bother me. Could you add one to it?

ToMang07

Reaction score
These 6.7L diesels continue to impress me.

That's really good for big tires on a full sized pickup!

The lack of a dipstick would really bother me. Could you add one to it?
From what I've seen... no. And honestly, I wouldn't want to give the asshats at Ford any reason to void a warranty. I still haven't decided if I'm going to add the DPK or not while it's under warranty. Honestly feel like if the CP4 goes I'm screwed either way.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I love the truck overall, 20k miles so far. That said.... the CP4 still scares me, and I'm worried about the 10R. If it sits for a few days it occasionally will act like there is no power when I start it and go to drive. Makes me think the TC or the pump is losing prime. And being a covid special, there's no ATF dipstick.

Dipstick should be on the passenger side, under the truck, as Berman said. It’s a 19mm nut, and once you pull that, there’s a little 3in or so dipstick stuck in the nut. You can pull the dipstick out and check fluid level. It’s a mother ****er to do. And these trannies don’t take normal trans fluid like merc 5 or lv, they take ulv which is double or triple the price of the normal shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
According to Ford, there is not a dipstick there. There is a service dipstick you put in that hole, but it is not mounted or stored there. View attachment 187200

I can’t read what you attached, but that’s odd. Really stupid if you ask me. All the manufacturers have gone away from conventional dipsticks, as most people are ****ing retarded and put the incorrect shit in, but ford has always had the short little dipstick in the plug since like 2008 with the 6r80. Weird they have now removed the dipstick. Probably saves them $.40 per truck and they tack on an extra $100-200 somewhere to further the profit…

dsberman94

Reaction score
That’s dumb. So it’s got a fill plug like a diff and you fill until it runs out from the driver side using a pump bottle.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Not the whole thing, but yeah. Pretty much.
Screenshot_20230827_070736_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230827_070755_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230827_070808_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230827_070817_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230827_070827_Samsung Notes.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Interesting. Kind of a pain, but doesn't sound to difficult. Just like a manual transmission.

A dipstick is way more user friendly though.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score

I have had this happen about three times.
Found out if you start it and immediately put it in gear, it won’t fully engage the tc.
Like it slips.
I’m guessing the pump takes a moment to build pressure.
I give it about 10 sec after start to put it in drive then no more slippy.
Definitely odd tho, as my ‘16 goes into gear the moment it gets started and never this issue

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I have had this happen about three times.
Found out if you start it and immediately put it in gear, it won’t fully engage the tc.
Like it slips.
I’m guessing the pump takes a moment to build pressure.
I give it about 10 sec after start to put it in drive then no more slippy.
Definitely odd tho, as my ‘16 goes into gear the moment it gets started and never this issue
This is a strategy change for emissions. Sucks.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Reading things like this are interesting to me. My 10R with the file on it now is the best shifting truck I’ve ever owned. It has zero issues so far with about 4k mileage on this file and turbo setup.

As long as you are careful about where you get fuel and using good fuel additive, the cp4 should be fine. That being said, I’ve got the S&S DCR pump sitting waiting to go in mine.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Once mine is out of warranty I'll probably put a DCR in, that gives 5v years for it to be proven, if they live up to the reputation it'll be the first thing I do out of warranty. Then it'll get a bit more risky, lol

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
This is a strategy change for emissions. Sucks.

I have the newest trans update but I have not had the emissions update done yet.
Was not a thing at that time.
Went in for the harsh downshift in tow/haul.
All around shifted way better after.
I got the letter in the mail for the recall/recal but have not had it done yet.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Reading things like this are interesting to me. My 10R with the file on it now is the best shifting truck I’ve ever owned. It has zero issues so far with about 4k mileage on this file and turbo setup.

As long as you are careful about where you get fuel and using good fuel additive, the cp4 should be fine. That being said, I’ve got the S&S DCR pump sitting waiting to go in mine.

I did not know these were out for the 20+ trucks yet!
If so I’m getting one.
I voided my warranty at 10k so f it lol