38R & WW2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine came to life when I switched. Less pressure drop in boost between shifts, lights fast as ***, hair less egt's and a few more psi of boost up top.

live life full throttle...
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Mine came to life when I switched. Less pressure drop in boost between shifts, lights fast as ***, hair less egt's and a few more psi of boost up top.

Really I didn't test the 38R with out the WW2 it was already in it when I ordered it. So I got no say in changes.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I only ran my stock wheel.with stock injectors for a two.week.period.but didnt drive it much. Then the 175s. It didnt surge on mine like that but was tuned to be.clean. No smoke other than too much pedal when converter was locked in od.

Jake, i didnt know you ever had any trouble with spoolup LOL...the freak has to pull like a train.

Oh, and my egt issue? Got new boots coming.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Really I didn't test the 38R with out the WW2 it was already in it when I ordered it. So I got no say in changes.

Prolly never know then.

I only ran my stock wheel.with stock injectors for a two.week.period.but didnt drive it much. Then the 175s. It didnt surge on mine like that but was tuned to be.clean. No smoke other than too much pedal when converter was locked in od.

Jake, i didnt know you ever had any trouble with spoolup LOL...the freak has to pull like a train.

Oh, and my egt issue? Got new boots coming.

Oh it spooled great.. now its un***in real...

Lol.. that would cause issues... riffraff boot?

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
No my dr.side intake boot is torn ever so.slightly. Ill get some different intakes once the trans is addressed. Which im making headway on.

1ofakind79

Reaction score

That's how mine is too. But it still seems kind of laggy off the start. It doesn't build good boost till about 2000 rpm. When its boosting it works great and cleans up my smoke nicely until then my truck drives the same as when I had the stock turbo in it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's how mine is too. But it still seems kind of laggy off the start. It doesn't build good boost till about 2000 rpm. When its boosting it works great and cleans up my smoke nicely until then my truck drives the same as when I had the stock turbo in it.

Sounds like you have a low pressure boost leak

1ofakind79

Reaction score
They don't have any soot around the edges. I don't think I have any exhaust leaks. It will build 29 lbs of boost once its revd up some.

Latest posts

Members online