40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

TyCorr

Reaction score
You think that would cause an issue?

Didnt your first step involve running to a tire shop?

PDT1081

Reaction score
You need to mount up a rim with no tire. Put a straight edge next to it and spin the rim. If the rim wobbles, take it off and put the straight edge right next to the hub.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You think that would cause an issue?

Didnt your first step involve running to a tire shop?
yep. they are balanced. that would have showed up when balancing too.. the ford house swapped a brand new set of rims and tires off a truck in the lot and the issue was still there...
You need to mount up a rim with no tire. Put a straight edge next to it and spin the rim. If the rim wobbles, take it off and put the straight edge right next to the hub.
I was going to figure out how to do that but ran out of time. I dont have a bare rim so ill just go to the straight edge method.

TyCorr

Reaction score
yep. they are balanced. that would have showed up when balancing too.. the ford house swapped a brand new set of rims and tires off a truck in the lot and the issue was still there...

I was going to figure out how to do that but ran out of time. I dont have a bare rim so ill just go to the straight edge method.

That is such bs that you have to do this much frikkin crap to a basically new truck! I talked to the guy down the street and he said his truck is doing something similar too. 2013 cclb 6.7. He is pissed as hell. Said it shakes unless he goes about 65. He said right at 55 it vibrates. So he goes faster.

PDT1081

Reaction score

A large carpenter's works good. You can put a C clamp on the part on the floor to keep it upright. You're not going to be really worried about it being square with the ground yet. Just want something so you can watch the rim in relation to the straight edge.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A large carpenter's works good. You can put a C clamp on the part on the floor to keep it upright. You're not going to be really worried about it being square with the ground yet. Just want something so you can watch the rim in relation to the straight edge.
10-4. that should work.

Aaron S

Reaction score
I read through and haven't seen anyone say anything about the thread on powerstroke.org. The suspension and steering section. (My theory on the Superduty hop and possible fix )Some have been able to get the hop to stop by reinforcing the trucks frame its self.

I built a brace for my eclb truck, but it didn't make much if any difference.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I read through and haven't seen anyone say anything about the thread on powerstroke.org. The suspension and steering section. (My theory on the Superduty hop and possible fix )Some have been able to get the hop to stop by reinforcing the trucks frame its self.

I built a brace for my eclb truck, but it didn't make much if any difference.
mind posting the link?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Took a little road trip for some trout fishing on Sunday and it hopped worse than it ever has before at around 70 mph. Wish there was a fix for this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.