6.4 engine swap no start

Yan7gin

Reaction score
No smoke and yes I'm really surprised that he didn t hydrolock. Wonder if there a issue with the exhaust valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yan7gin

Reaction score
ok bad news. got all 8 injectors from testing and all badly worn. F**K where is the best place to get injectors?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would contact holders on here, im not sure if they do common rail or not, but their 6.0 injectors are awesome. You may have to buy new ones though, i dont know what they do inside of the injectors.

Yan7gin

Reaction score
Thanks, quick question, i just received the report on injector test. All of them show no continuity or very low. I did a buzz test to those injectors and it was successful. I didn't do a contribution test cuz the rod through the block but I don't get why it will pass buzz test with low or no continuity at the injectors

Yan7gin

Reaction score
new fuel system install, injectors should show up this week. I heard that on 6.4, each injector as a code on it that you have to enter in the PCM in witch cylinder they are install... if so, any idea if I can do this with AE? can't seem to find info on that.

Strokethis04

Reaction score
A Trim file haven't really heard of them on light vehicles but I know you gotta do it on heavy equipment on the big engines at work they will run if you don't do the trim files but not as good as when you do them

Yan7gin

Reaction score
Kk ill have to play with my AE see if i can do it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
new fuel system install, injectors should show up this week. I heard that on 6.4, each injector as a code on it that you have to enter in the PCM in witch cylinder they are install... if so, any idea if I can do this with AE? can't seem to find info on that.

The 6.4 injectors do not need to be programmed. The 6.7 does. Afte replacing everything, reset the hi pressure fuel system tables, if your scanner will allow you. This will allow the truck to make minor adjustments for everything to run optimal quicker than not doing it.

Yan7gin

Reaction score
Hope the scanner does it, injectors should be here by Friday and in Saturday.

Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If it doesnt, it isnt that big of a deal. It will relearn itself, its just quicker when you reset the tables. I have never used ae before, so i cant help ya with it, sorry.

Yan7gin

Reaction score
Thanks all you guy's for the help. Got the truck running today

Yan7gin

Reaction score
hope so.

my EGR valve was making some weird noise so i installed the one from the other engine but they are different. my EGR valve has a coolant inlet from overflow bottle and outlet going to vertical EGR cooler. the one I just installed does not have this inlet and outlet... can I just go from the degas bottle to the vertical cooler? how should this style normally routed?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes just go from the degas to the vertical cooler. The new egr valves are updated to not have coolant flowing through them

Yan7gin

Reaction score
Good one less problem lol

Thanks again, really appreciate the help

Yan7gin

Reaction score
look like i'm curse with this engine. won't rev up (max rpm is maybe 1700 or 1800) around that RPM (1700 or 1800) there a knocking sound and not oil going to the oil filter.... what is more common on those 6.4, oil pick up broken or oil pump failure? fuel pressure look good.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Neither is real common, but pull out the oil pressure regulator, the 12mm allen head underneath behind the damper, and crank it without starting. See if you have any oil coming out of there. I am assuming you double checked oil level first right?...

Latest posts

Members online