6.4 owners with GH MCC tunes...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I know I'm not too worried about the time it takes for you to work on this. As myself, and probably plenty of others, greatly appreciate the time you're putting into even creating/working on another solution.

check your inbox :thumbsup:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
To bad you're not offering something for guys with singles.

man, I've been threatening to put a single on my reg cab for a minute now...

the H&S 369 be callin' me, Pookie! :eek:

I've offered to live tune some local single trucks with no takers.

My only problem with basing tunes on my reg cab is it reacts so differently versus even a CCSB... I guess if a guy only has one 6.4 and doesn't know any different, a blanket tune works plenty fine. But having driven them myself with the same tune on them, it just doesn't feel right.

So while I really want to hear that sweet song on my reg cab, I don't know that it would be the best overall test bed for putting together tunes :( :( :(

boo boo

Reaction score
So Drunk, are writing tunes for the Mini? I gave ******** now and worried about still to much cylinder pressure while towing, big fifth wheel. Anything you offer?

Amstaff

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that. My tunes from GH shift ok just to early. I've been in OD with converter locked at 50mph which is to low. I have to get my wastegate adjusted right and then I'll see about another revision. I love having a single and don't think I would ever go back to compounds, unless I was trying to make alot of HP and still be streatable. Which then wouldn't be a drop in set up. I have thought about going down to a 369 from the 472 but we will see once I get the little things figured out. If you decide to take a crack at tuning for a single let me know.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
So Drunk, are writing tunes for the Mini? I gave ******** now and worried about still to much cylinder pressure while towing, big fifth wheel. Anything you offer?

I'm not trying to offer complete tuning packages at this time. You might contact GH to send you a towing engine file. I believe they've done this for other people in the past.

My thing right now is trans tuning. I feel that I offer a solid upgrade in shifting vs. the GH trans file. And that's not to talk down on GH. I have run his tuning on all of my trucks and will probably continue to do so in the future.

But I have been driving 6.4's exclusively for the past 5+yrs. I've had CCLB CCSB and reg cab trucks. I have had a lot of windshield time in these trucks messing with trans tuning.

I have 6.7 tunes also, but the 6.4 takes a lot more finesse IMO. The lack of cylinder head flow and the large amount of boost required to make them go means trans tuning is more critical when you're dealing with a cleaner burning tune.

You can throw the kitchen sink at the bottom end fueling, and a 6.4 will move with any old trans tuning actually. But with a cleaner engine tune, the trans becomes critical to getting the truck moving sufficiently.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is wow. This tune is freaking amazing the 3rd gear lockup is awesome.

man, I'm VERY glad to hear that! :D :D

all this positive feedback is inspiring me to get some more seat time

I know you guys are loving it. It's a night and day difference from what you're used to.

But I've been living with these tunes for 8-9 months now, and though I've made a couple minor little tweaks getting them polished up to send out over the past couple weeks, I still have a list of things I'd like to get honed even better.

I also have some other things I want to try/experiment with. :naughty:

Keep the feedback coming guys. It's definitely inspiring :)

vr6dub

Reaction score
So far so good with mine as well. Here's what I have noted with just a couple days playing.
1. Needed to learn how to drive the truck due to the changes as throttle response seems to be way different in my truck. If I drive like I used to with medium throttle from a dead stop, the 3tc would lock in ~40ish and jerk the truck pretty harshly, thinking that's because I'm letting off the throttle right when it locks so it was basically bad timing on my part. Around town speed limits are 35, adding to my issue. Resolution was to lightly accelerate and haven't had the harshness since but again I only press the throttle about a quarter inch to get this and maintain speed.
2. Like others say, this tune drives the turbos hard. Before the trans tune peak psi was 38 and now it's at 40psi.
3. 3rd gear once TC locks is like a freight train.

So far loving the trans tune... Forrest, the other tune is a monster as well. Sorry had to check it out. :)

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Glad you like the engine file too.

drive on the trans tune a bit and see if you get used to driving it. If the 3rd lockup is still too early or harsh for you in that ~25-35% throttle range, we can tweak it.

Obviously I don't mind somewhat harsh engagement. I'm not trying to snap shafts, but I'm trying to save clutches... trans and converter. And when I give it more than about 1/4 throttle, I want it to GO, so I want it locked in 3rd ASAP so the truck can do its thing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.