6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Got the right turbo..having a few issues with piping to the turbo and the air intake but hoping to have that figured out by next week, but it's out of the garage and I've started on the weight bracket for the pulls this year, missed the first pull of the year last night but hope to make the next one!
ry6u6aze.jpg

e5y2a3ej.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Haven't done an update for awhile, got a new stainless downpipe from Morgan to mount up to the s472, mated it to a afe delete pipe to get rid of that terrible slip on style flo pro down pipe, everything worked perfect and mounted up to the 5 inch flo pro exhaust I already had on the truck, didn't even have to cut anything!
jevy4ybe.jpg

ybu6u2e8.jpg

Also had the truck towed over to a guys shop last week to make up some new charge pipes and help me get this thing running.
ejetutej.jpg

Progress as of last night, custom intake done, truck is all filled up with fluids, turbo mounted, all that's left is a few clamps to go on and a new hot side pipe to adapt to the stock one, was hoping to fire it up last night but didn't have time to make the pipe up, should be running tonight if not sometime this weekend.
pa6emata.jpg

sepu9y5y.jpg

9ujyju5y.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Truck ran this afternoon for the first time in 6 months...fired up good, still missing the charge pipe to adapt to the hot side pipe but I fired it up anyways! Motor sounds good no knocks or weird noises,it's about 5x louder then I thought it was going to be lol although it has a misfire when you throttle it or when it's in gear it shakes violently, seems to idle fine, no leaks so far, I'm getting the normal vein motor code along with p0203,p0205 and p0207, all injector circuit malfunction codes on the passenger side cylinders, 3,5 and 7. Thinking it's the harness for the injectors under the passenger side valve cover?

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I love how it sounds so nasty with the big single on it, not sure if that lope will stay once I get the misfire issue figured out but I hope it does. Didn't get a chance to drive out to work on it today but I'm thinking the injector harness plug on the one side may not be seated all the way down, hopefully that's all that's wrong with it.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Truck is back on the road finally, drive it to work tomorrow for the first time in 6 months, found the misfire was from the passenger side injector harness, runs 100x better now, no more terrible backfire from the exhaust. It definitely needs custom tuning for the 72, truck wouldn't spool the turbo over 5psi for the first drive home and I could barely get any rpm out of it, plugged the vein motor back in and the fuel cooler pump and it's much better now, although it keeps wanting to pop up the code p2263 turbocharger/supercharger boost system performance and goes back into the limp mode so I have to pull over and turn the truck off and clear the code, the trans needs to be tuned for sure for the big single, seems to almost wanna fully light the turbo then it locks the TC and loses boost, but it's drive able for now, pretty smokey unless your being careful, gearhead is working on some tuning for me tomorrow I think. In the mean time i washed and waxed her to take to a pull this weekend, not ready to hook yet but just wanna show it off for now lol
8ytyvu9y.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
you pulling in Milton on Saturday Ty?

Truck will be there most likely but it's not ready for pro street just yet, I still need the safety equipment and I wanna break in the motor and get it running mint before I think about hooking it up to the sled, just glad to have it back!

Lookin' good my friend!

Thanks! Seeing your cowl hood all painted up has me wanting to order mine now!

And I'm gonna try and get some of the vids loaded up to YouTube for the other guys on here.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Been driving it for about a week, it's developed a good sized oil leak at the engine and bell housing, pretty sure it's the rear main leaking, a few drops a night while sitting, going to pull down the trans next weekend and replace the seal and install new arp bolts on the flexplate, not a huge deal for now, checking the oil twice a day. Other then that it's running much better, gearhead pulled thru and got me tuning Friday night, pulls pretty hard up top, still pretty laggy down low, wouldn't suggest a s472 on stock fuel unless you have plans for near future fuel mods which I do, gearhead is working with me now to get some more low end spool up out of it, but as for now it's drivable. Bolted back up the bmf wheels yesterday, waiting till I get tuning perfect and I'm gonna get it hooked up to the sled, everyone in the class is pretty hyped to see this thing go down the track.
huzybepu.jpg

ymeqebym.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.