6.4 pull truck mild build

sootie

Reaction score
Nice truck. we need a 6four in Ontario to rep the ford crowd a bit. Last season Chris didn't pull his 7.3 I don't think and I didn't see any other ford's in pro street.

89xj

Reaction score
Yeah I skipped this past season. Twin trucks for sure.

Chris pulled his 7-3 at the beggining of the season. But Cory was drivin it to Belleville an some sh** Luck happened. It's back in an running now, excited to see it. I still have a soft spot for 7-3's after my last truck.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Looks like fun. Btw with turbos removed cab on, you don't have to lift the cab at all to get engine out.

If you need anything feel free to check the website or call, I've pulled a 6.4 once..
www.midwestdieselauto.com.

Thanks i might actually try that way instead of lifting the cab, i was emailing your shop last week about piston and cam set ups ill be looking to order as soon as i get the motor out, thanks for the help.

Hey man did you pull at Fergus this year? I'm pretty sure I remember meeting you in the pits after your pull

Yeah i was first puller in the local diesel class at the fergus truck show, first hook with this truck.

sootie

Reaction score
good choice going with Morgan for engine parts, he is a standup dude and will treat you right.

your truck is sooo clean-i love it. didn't you throw a code or something at Fergus? for some reason i think you didn't repull correct?

devdiesel

Reaction score
I think it puked a bit, or was that just the crew cab? I think more trucks broke that night than didn't

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
good choice going with Morgan for engine parts, he is a standup dude and will treat you right.

your truck is sooo clean-i love it. didn't you throw a code or something at Fergus? for some reason i think you didn't repull correct?

Yep it stalled out at the end and threw a wrench code, first time pulling with a 6.4 and i wasnt familiar with them yet so i opted to turn down the 2nd hook, learned after about 3 pulls how to ease out of the throttle at the end of the pull to keep it from stalling out lol

I think it puked a bit, or was that just the crew cab? I think more trucks broke that night than didn't

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thought maybe it had puked but i think it was just some grease/oil left over from the headstud job the week before the pull, didnt lose any coolant in the bottle in the last 8 months, the crew cab on the other hand lost almost all its coolant i think along with the fire under the hood lol

Ur pulling tire setup, are those steel wheels or aluminum? And what's Tue size/backspacing?

Sent from my pocket device.

Theyre a steel wheel from pro comp, rock crawlers 17x9 with a 4.5 inch backspace, part# was 98-7987, tires are 315/70R17

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Are you allowed to bump up a stock appearing turbo truck to this class? You honestly could probably run a LOT better with a stock appearing set up and make about 500+ ft lbs more of torque a LOT earlier

sootie

Reaction score
you cannot run compounds in this class. it specifically mentions 6.4's in the rules as no exception even though they are from the factory.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Are you allowed to bump up a stock appearing turbo truck to this class? You honestly could probably run a LOT better with a stock appearing set up and make about 500+ ft lbs more of torque a LOT earlier

Is there classes that allow that? I've never heard of that before. Any rules I've read always state single 2.5-2.6-2.8 charger. Though I'm still learning a lot in WS and never questioned it. Although last summer I was at one brush pull in which I pulled work stock and then jumped up to 2.6. BC there were only 2 trucks and they paid 1st-3rd. Ended up 2nd LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is there classes that allow that? I've never heard of that before. Any rules I've read always state single 2.5-2.6-2.8 charger. Though I'm still learning a lot in WS and never questioned it. Although last summer I was at one brush pull in which I pulled work stock and then jumped up to 2.6. BC there were only 2 trucks and they paid 1st-3rd. Ended up 2nd LOL

Lots of places let you bump UP but not down obviously.

They figure you cant compete in a class above you right? I love turning heads in 2.6 class

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Lots of places let you bump UP but not down obviously.

They figure you cant compete in a class above you right? I love turning heads in 2.6 class

That's true. They all laughed when I signed up. I just said worst I can do is 3rd and still take a payout. I guess I'll have to do that next summer play both classes accordingly.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
That's true. They all laughed when I signed up. I just said worst I can do is 3rd and still take a payout. I guess I'll have to do that next summer play both classes accordingly.

I did that at marshall putnam county fair here in IL this year. I ended up cleaning out workstock/2.6/ and Open just because my truck kills it on long tracks that let you run. Ended up bringing home over 1000 cash for a hour drive, now that was a day!

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
We dont have too many diesel classes to chose from around here, pretty much just local diesel, pro street and pro mod. And yeah pro street is a single turbo class no exceptions, pro mod allows twin turbos but thats a heavily modified class, gutted interiors, hood stacks, cut body panels ,ect. Although pro street has a few trucks in the class now at or over 1000hp.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I did that at marshall putnam county fair here in IL this year. I ended up cleaning out workstock/2.6/ and Open just because my truck kills it on long tracks that let you run. Ended up bringing home over 1000 cash for a hour drive, now that was a day!

^^^^This makes me want to build my truck so bad. I'm the only local that pulls a 6.4L. Im like the OP I turn heads just showing up to a cumminGs/ duramax party. But a mildly built 6.4 would probably snap some necks.

B585Ford

Reaction score
That's a great looking truck. Good luck with the setup. Interested in seeing what stock fuel truck can do.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Looking for some input on turbo choices here, i have a local guy trying to price me out some options, was looking at either bullseye double bat s372 t4 83mm turbine .90 exh housing, Borg warner s471 w/race cover 83.5mm turbine .90. Or the bw s467.7 fmw in a .90 or 1.0 a/r. Im hearing the 67.7 fmw will flow like a 72 but spool closer like a 66? any help would be appreciated thanks!