6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Got the engine tore down mostly today, found one of the pistons looked like its been getting a little toasty.
DSC03634_zpsbbbeaac4.jpg

I see you have faith in your engine stand! I don't... I made a brace that holds the front of the engine from sagging too far. Maybe someday I'll buy an OTC

Sent while I probably should be doing something productive.

Lol its a 1250lb engine stand but I still didn't trust it at first, wedged a block of wood ontop of a jack stand under the front balancer at first to take some of the weight off the engine stand, these engines are ridiculous to roll around on an engine stand haha

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Should I be worried about this burnt piston at all? possibly a sticky injector? id hate to throw In my new pistons and wreck them with a bad injector
DSC03636_zps487544e2.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
build looks good! i still have pics on my phone from your pull at Fergus and your truck parked in the grass at Orangeville. sooo clean.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
build looks good! i still have pics on my phone from your pull at Fergus and your truck parked in the grass at Orangeville. sooo clean.

Thanks! I think I had redone the whole frame on the truck before Fergus probably why it looked so clean haha a kid from my work took a video from Fergus posted it on youtube
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Crappy video and the announcer was a little too excited because I was the first diesel truck of the night lol he said 269 but I think it was 285ft in the end

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Well all the hard parts for the motor are in, just waiting on some arp rod bolts and then sending the motor out to get assembled with the new parts :ford:
image_zps7c6d1ac7.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Started painting some of the engine parts today, got the valve covers done, thinking of doing this colour on the intercooler pipes and turbo front cover too, what do you guys think? doing the block and heads in semi gloss black
image2_zpsd7359d3b.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
looks great-love ford blue...

ps...dont paint your engine, its a curse :puke:

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks! they turned out darker then i wanted so im redoing them, finished the intercooler pipes today they turned out mint
image_zps76c91f1f.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Looking for some trans advise here, going with all tcs products, wondering do i need the 4 pinion or the 5 pinion OD planetary housing? truck is an 08. And noticed they just released a clutch pack kit with raybestos GPZ plates for cheaper,or the old kit with alto plates, which kit is best? i heard the gpz is the way to go but confused why its a cheaper kit, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online