6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

TripleE44

Reaction score
They do what they can to protect their paying vendors, eff the members that are gonna get screwed I guess.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
One of our fully built 6.7 powerstroke engines (noun) - a customer's original engine that was sent to a machine shop for parts and assembly and subsequently installed by the local Ford dealership.

If I was you, I'd want that link removed also.

Just want to say "hi" to the mod who reads this post reported by CFD_shop!

:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked::Shocked::shifan::shifan::shifan::shifan:

In before the delete... Yeah! Can't read the thread, not a psn member. Something tells me I don't need to waste my time though cause CFD has done a great job with his reputation already. Of course is funny to see how badly some shops "fix" their customers rigs. Kinda like road kill, it sucks to see happen but then again you just can't look away!!!

First off the picture is from 2012. (And off the only truck where another shop took pics of work and posted them. We paid Unlimited Diesel to do a job and instead had to drive to get the truck. That shop was not capable of doing the job but they were capable of posting pictures and being unprofessional. They never even asked the customer if they could and when the customer saw them was very upset they were posted. We disputed the bill legally and won the case as Unlimited Diesel did actual charge us for work that was not performed)

Secondly I do not see any kind of leak.
That sensor was moved as a last minute solution before tuning was available.
You see when we pioneered this we had to make it work without tuning on a truck we hadn't worked on (6.7 powerstroke). The truck came down with turbo and stuff off. We got to know the truck, built a kit and made it run.
We did this all in 2 weeks. The problem was that with ect2 out of the egr the fan clutch would not go high duty cycle with ac engaged. It was winter but we knew enough to totally check out the whole truck and knew it would be a problem. We tapped the aluminum and screwed the sesnsor in. With the customer on the way we did not want to chance a leak so we put rtv sealer around the sensor. It was not leaking.
Since then we have removed the crossover and tig welded it shut, it looks very neat and clean. The customer is totally happy.

In retrospect we did a job on a high profile truck from DPC. The work on the truck was obviously rushed, and we did happen to take a few pics of the job.
I feel it is up to the customer to post the pictures, not the shop that redid there work. There was slag that went through a turbo and took it out and most likely went into a high dollar engine. I can understand when you are under the gun sometimes things don't come out as well as expected. However the truck did make it throught the competition without a failure so the job was "good enough". I can also say I know for a fact that the shop that did the original work was never given a chance to make it right. I am sure they would have without question, the same as would have in Dan's case.

Dans truck did get rushed when he asked to have a frozen boost intercooler put on 1 week before picking it up. I made a mistake and rushed it, and me and Evan did the tig welding. We are not the best welders but tried our best to meet dans deadline. He said he didn't care what it looked like. He did care that it cracked and so do I.
On our kits we have 3 welding shops with over 100 years experience combined doing our welding and that is why there are no pictures of ugly kits elsewhere.

My new shop policy will be that on custom piping Evan and I may weld it, but we will then take the pipe to another shop and have it redone so that it is 100%. This will cost a bit more and take some more time and we just have to advise the customer.

Thank you all for your concern about customers and members but please be advised we are a stand up shop and we do things very professionally. Quality and customer satisfaction are what we strive to achieve and when we fall short we will go the extra mile to make it right.:thumb:

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
First off the picture is from 2012. (And off the only truck where another shop took pics of work and posted them. We paid Unlimited Diesel to do a job and instead had to drive to get the truck. That shop was not capable of doing the job but they were capable of posting pictures and being unprofessional. They never even asked the customer if they could and when the customer saw them was very upset they were posted. We disputed the bill legally and won the case as Unlimited Diesel did actual charge us for work that was not performed)

You see when we pioneered this we had to make it work without tuning on a truck we hadn't worked on (6.7 powerstroke). The truck came down with turbo and stuff off. We got to know the truck, built a kit and made it run.
We did this all in 2 weeks. The problem was that with ect2 out of the egr the fan clutch would not go high duty cycle with ac engaged. It was winter but we knew enough to totally check out the whole truck and knew it would be a problem. We tapped the aluminum and screwed the sesnsor in. With the customer on the way we did not want to chance a leak so we put rtv sealer around the sensor. It was not leaking.
Since then we have removed the crossover and tig welded it shut, it looks very neat and clean. The customer is totally happy.

In retrospect we did a job on a high profile truck from DPC. The work on the truck was obviously rushed, and we did happen to take a few pics of the job.
I feel it is up to the customer to post the pictures, not the shop that redid there work. There was slag that went through a turbo and took it out and most likely went into a high dollar engine. I can understand when you are under the gun sometimes things don't come out as well as expected. However the truck did make it throught the competition without a failure so the job was "good enough". I can also say I know for a fact that the shop that did the original work was never given a chance to make it right. I am sure they would have without question, the same as would have in Dan's case.

Dans truck did get rushed when he asked to have a frozen boost intercooler put on 1 week before picking it up. I made a mistake and rushed it, and me and Evan did the tig welding. We are not the best welders but tried our best to meet dans deadline. He said he didn't care what it looked like. He did care that it cracked and so do I.
On our kits we have 3 welding shops with over 100 years experience combined doing our welding and that is why there are no pictures of ugly kits elsewhere.

My new shop policy will be that on custom piping Evan and I may weld it, but we will then take the pipe to another shop and have it redone so that it is 100%. This will cost a bit more and take some more time and we just have to advise the customer.

Thank you all for your concern about customers and members but please be advised we are a stand up shop and we do things very professionally. Quality and customer satisfaction are what we strive to achieve and when we fall short we will go the extra mile to make it right.:thumb:

Hahhahahahahaha!

Dan

Reaction score
Ya CFD stated that they set you up with custom auto because your girlfriend lives close to them.

That's awesome for them to do that!! Thanks CFD for babysitting me and making all my decisions for me! ... Set me up with them.. Unreal! And D didn't even know my truck was going to Custom Auto till I showed up there to drop my truck off, I delt with James after seeing the work of art that Dutton did on Shilos truck, anyways that's neither her nor there!

"Introduced me to Dmitri" hahaha that's funny, I met him in 2011 when he ran 9xx at 13x mph in his red truck, far before I had ever heard anything about CFDildos..

Justin Holder your starting to get under my skin.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Lmao! This is great! I didn't realize I was in the presence of some great "keyboard" mechanics. Lmao
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378909140.157991.jpg

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

bad12jr

Reaction score
Me either. I'm gonna have to quit wrenching so much and actually get behind the keyboard so I can do some real work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

#loserdenial

Dan

Reaction score

Flat out lie, you and I both know it. It was rushed because the truck was shoved on the backburner at some ford store and after 4 months I called and was like: "hey guys.. About my truck..." And then you had to slam it together. We agreed on a date I would pick it up, a month before

I'm not interested in having a pissing match here, it was crap, it's coming off, move along.. Custom Auto is going to do the turbos, frozen boost, etc... And in the slim chance something doesn't quite go 100% I'm sure they won't try and pin it on the customer.

Thanks for your extra care and concern

Dan

Reaction score
Only way to restart is for the OP (wink wink) to start a thread.

I'm not interested in the extra drama, I have all the connections I need here and that's why I'm here, for the help and support from people that are experienced with the 6.7! Appreciate it though haha

SPE

Reaction score
I'm not interested in the extra drama, I have all the connections I need here and that's why I'm here, for the help and support from people that are experienced with the 6.7! Appreciate it though haha

No problem. Just making it clear that'd be the only way it'd stay on there... or according to the rules (not that they even follow them). :thumbsup:

Elliott

Reaction score
I'm glad the thread over in the ORG stayed open for a few pages before it was closed. Hopefully it was seen by multiple members over there and maybe enlightened them on the true CFD business practices.

TripleE44

Reaction score

The reason we wanted you to is because we figured you could save some people from making the same mistakes and taking their truck to CFD. After watching that mod post in that thread I'm really not sure it will matter.

Snake

Reaction score
The fact the mod made a post instead of closing / deleting the thread is a perfect thing from my perspective. He's basically saying "I read this and agree with the feedback being provided." :D

TripleE44

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cfd_shop View Post
Once again snake misinformed with 3rd hand info.
The machine work was done by our machine shop to our spec.
We built the engine at our shop completely.
That engine is about to be put to the highest hp application that a 6.7 ever has.
It will take all the abuse Dan and Dimitri can throw at with the current fuel system we installed. (which is all it was designed to handle fyi)
We did use the local Ford store to do the install simply because we were too busy to get the job done and they had a lull of work.
We are all in a rather small community and we can all work together to get the customer taken care of. (this is very different from the drama filled forum you brought this discussion here from.)

Any other description of this is a lie flat out.

You guys are posting the same pictures from last year of a prototype kit over and over. Get some new pictures and post them if our work is as bad as you say they should be readily available.

Get over the jealousy. Get the actual customer to post here that is unhappy.
Have them tell the story.
I highly doubt anyone on PSA really knows what working on a truck is all about.
PSA is full of keyboard mechanics who will never do anything but talk about working on there truck. Anyone with any sense will read right between the lines and see a bunch of school girl drama from some haters.

In the event of the first kit we made yes it was ugly, yes it was built in 2 weeks, and yes we drove to Ohio picked the truck up put a brand new kit on and installed it. all at our expense.

There was another customer having trouble installing his kit. We drove 20 hours to Louisiana and put it on for him all at our expense.

Find one actual customer complaining who has a kit and is complaining we will not stand behind our work or our warranty.

Dans kit did pop a flex joint. He was running a high drive pressure and more fuel than recommended. Dan did his own tuning and such on the truck.
I would have fixed it for Dan but he wanted twins from custom auto.
In fact the whole twin build was initialized in my shop.
Dimitri Millard was in town for our annual diesel shootout. (check out some great vids of his 9 second duramax drag racing in the dirt)
Dan was picking his truck up. Dan wanted twins I introduced him to Dimitri another really sharp duramax guy. Dans girlfriend lives very close to Custom Auto so I hooked the two of them up. We are happy to see Dan go there and custom auto will most likely have the top contender Ford for DPC next year.
Which will be running a CFD built engine.

I am sure the PSA guys put Dan up to most of the posting. I think Dan just wants more power and a truck that runs.
There is a whole lot more to the whole story with Dan and if he is not interested in telling it, I am not going to post it either.

If you fellows want to be jealous and hate on CFD that is your choice.
I opened up a thread here in my vendor section where I will address legitimate concerns and questions.

Thanks

Just wanted to leave this here so everyone can see it.

Latest posts

Members online