6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Everybody here with access to social media needs to do their part and spread the word about this company. I don't know about you guys but I've grown tired of seeing horror story after horror story as a result of CFD's lying and misrepresentation. Time to put a stop to it

jdgleason

Reaction score
Everybody here with access to social media needs to do their part and spread the word about this company. I don't know about you guys but I've grown tired of seeing horror story after horror story as a result of CFD's lying and misrepresentation. Time to put a stop to it

Insert screenshot of Instagram conversation here.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

*** Pics deleted. This thread is about Dan's truck. Not work done by another vendor ***

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I want to buy Dan a case of his beer choice, or a handle of his favorite syrup. You are a champ man. Confederate is a joke! I have been non stop laughing at some of the responses since last night. This thing should be fricken stickied!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What's even funnier about that, is CFD threatened to sue people over these pics being released. Somebody was skeered of the truth LOL

#losers

Brought from their vendor section in the .orgi

First off the picture is from 2012. (And off the only truck where another shop took pics of work and posted them. We paid Unlimited Diesel to do a job and instead had to drive to get the truck. That shop was not capable of doing the job but they were capable of posting pictures and being unprofessional. They never even asked the customer if they could and when the customer saw them was very upset they were posted. We disputed the bill legally and won the case as Unlimited Diesel did actual charge us for work that was not performed)

Secondly I do not see any kind of leak.
That sensor was moved as a last minute solution before tuning was available.
You see when we pioneered this kit we had to make it work without tuning on a truck we hadn't worked on. By had not worked on I mean never had the hood open on a 6.7 powerstroke. The truck came down with turbo and intakes etc off and left at the shop it came from. So we literally started from a bare block. We got to know the truck, built a kit and made it run.
We did this all in 2 weeks. Please find another shop on PSA that could actually fix something like this.
The problem we were addresssing with the "glued in sensor" was that with ect2 out of the egr the fan clutch would not go high duty cycle with ac engaged. It was winter, but we knew enough to totally check out the whole truck and knew it would be a problem. We tapped the aluminum and screwed the sensor in. With the customer on the way we did not want to chance a leak so we put rtv sealer around the sensor. It was not leaking and never did leak so it was a good repair, just not pretty.
Since then we have removed the crossover and tig welded it shut, it looks very neat and clean. The customer is totally happy.

In retrospect we did a job on a high profile truck from DPC. The work on the truck was obviously rushed, and we did happen to take a few pics of the job.
I feel it is up to the customer to post the pictures, not the shop that redid there work. There was slag that went through a turbo and took it out and most likely went into a high dollar engine. I can understand when you are under the gun sometimes things don't come out as well as expected. However the truck did make it throught the competition without a failure so the job was "good enough". I can also say I know for a fact that the shop that did the original work was never given a chance to make it right. I am sure they would have without question, the same as would have in Dan's case.

Dans truck did get rushed when he asked to have a frozen boost intercooler put on 1 week before picking it up. I made a mistake and rushed it. Myself and Evan did the tig welding. We are not the best welders but tried our best to meet dans deadline. He said he didn't care what it looked like. He did care that it cracked and so do I. We did not charge him a penny for this either.
On our kits we have 3 welding shops with over 100 years experience combined doing our welding and that is why there are no pictures of ugly kits elsewhere.

My new shop policy will be that on custom piping Evan and I may weld it, but we will then take the pipe to another shop and have it redone so that it is 100%. This will cost a bit more and take some more time and we just have to advise the customer. Furthermore Dan was not charged a penny for relocating the battery or any of the piping that cracked. I would still fix it for him. That is why the kit was not powder coated we just did not have time.

Thank you all for your concern about customers and members but please be advised we are a stand up shop and we do things very professionally. Quality and customer satisfaction are what we strive to achieve and when we fall short we will go the extra mile to make it right.
thumb[1].gif

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hey everybody, we're keyboard mechanics!! if Confederate fags would please indulge us, please list one build you have ever done on a powerstroke over 600 horse. and bringing in duramax claims does nothing to help you. buncha ***king morons. there's 100 trucks on this site that would wipe the floor with anything you've ever done.

and btw- dmitri is not your friend.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
First off the picture is from 2012. (And off the only truck where another shop took pics of work and posted them. We paid Unlimited Diesel to do a job and instead had to drive to get the truck. That shop was not capable of doing the job but they were capable of posting pictures and being unprofessional. They never even asked the customer if they could and when the customer saw them was very upset they were posted. We disputed the bill legally and won the case as Unlimited Diesel did actual charge us for work that was not performed)

Secondly I do not see any kind of leak.
That sensor was moved as a last minute solution before tuning was available.
You see when we pioneered this we had to make it work without tuning on a truck we hadn't worked on (6.7 powerstroke). The truck came down with turbo and stuff off. We got to know the truck, built a kit and made it run.
We did this all in 2 weeks. The problem was that with ect2 out of the egr the fan clutch would not go high duty cycle with ac engaged. It was winter but we knew enough to totally check out the whole truck and knew it would be a problem. We tapped the aluminum and screwed the sesnsor in. With the customer on the way we did not want to chance a leak so we put rtv sealer around the sensor. It was not leaking.
Since then we have removed the crossover and tig welded it shut, it looks very neat and clean. The customer is totally happy.

In retrospect we did a job on a high profile truck from DPC. The work on the truck was obviously rushed, and we did happen to take a few pics of the job.
I feel it is up to the customer to post the pictures, not the shop that redid there work. There was slag that went through a turbo and took it out and most likely went into a high dollar engine. I can understand when you are under the gun sometimes things don't come out as well as expected. However the truck did make it throught the competition without a failure so the job was "good enough". I can also say I know for a fact that the shop that did the original work was never given a chance to make it right. I am sure they would have without question, the same as would have in Dan's case.

Dans truck did get rushed when he asked to have a frozen boost intercooler put on 1 week before picking it up. I made a mistake and rushed it, and me and Evan did the tig welding. We are not the best welders but tried our best to meet dans deadline. He said he didn't care what it looked like. He did care that it cracked and so do I.
On our kits we have 3 welding shops with over 100 years experience combined doing our welding and that is why there are no pictures of ugly kits elsewhere.

My new shop policy will be that on custom piping Evan and I may weld it, but we will then take the pipe to another shop and have it redone so that it is 100%. This will cost a bit more and take some more time and we just have to advise the customer.

Thank you all for your concern about customers and members but please be advised we are a stand up shop and we do things very professionally. Quality and customer satisfaction are what we strive to achieve and when we fall short we will go the extra mile to make it right.:thumb:

First off, I'd like to let the douchebags at CFD know, that I let you win that little dispute, because it wasn't worth my time in fighting for $500.00. I would have lost more money in administrative costs to fight it than it was worth. You won, you're correct, but you shouldn't have. If we weren't constantly three weeks behind on work, I would have fought it a little harder than I did, but I don't have time to deal with your constant bull$hit. The fact that the truck left, was because we REFUSED to work on it any longer. It needed an engine because cylinder #8 was down on compression, AND we used a borescope, to see the billet aluminum chunks from the compressor wheel laying on top of the piston.... You refused that it was possible, so we said, come and get it. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we were incapable of doing the work. It had everything to do with the fact that we did not want our name attached to such a piece of $hit, and we didn't want the owner of the truck to try to come back on us for something that you fvcked up.

We were all laughing at the fact that after you sent "bustedknuckles" up here, the trailer that you sent him up here to get it with broke down and sat at a local shop, out along the road (10 miles from here) after he picked up the truck. It sat at that shop for over two weeks waiting for you to come back and pick it up. That's funny, because you and the supposed truck owner was in such a huge hurry to get it back to Maryland and get it fixed because it was losing $10,000 a week not running.

Meanwhile, I TRIED to contact the actual OWNER of Myers Well Service, never to get any response from him. everyone that I talked to from Myers that was at our shop thought that your kit was a complete joke. I have still never been in contact with Matt Myers, the OWNER of the truck or anyone at their corporate offices. I don't have a number to reach Matt at , and anyone that I talk to from there says that he's never around. I would love to talk to him, because I don't think he really knows what is going on with his truck. My belief is that if he knew, he'd be furious. I think what is really happening is that his employees are making these decisions to repair his truck on his behalf, and that he's so busy with other things, that he doesn't even know that someone is dicking with his truck and putting half a$$ parts on it. Just my opinion, I could be totally wrong, but that is what I think is happening.

I believe in the end that we actually won anyways. It was worth the $500.00 loss to me, just to see these pictures of your junk a$$ kit exposed online for the inferior piece of $hit that it is. You may have pulled the wool over the eyes of some people on the .org, but the majority of people that have seen your kit first hand, know what kind of raping is about to take place as soon as they install your kit, or have it installed. The poor demise of this gentleman's engine was more than likely due to the fact that you stupid fvcks ran the dog $hit out of his truck after the install with $hitty tuning, and then called him up and made him buy an engine.

If we can keep people from purchasing/installing such a piece of garbage, then our job here is done. If people see the crap that you produce, and still purchase it, then they deserve what they get in return.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm
First off, I'd like to let the douchebags at CFD know, that I let you win that little dispute, because it wasn't worth my time in fighting for $500.00. I would have lost more money in administrative costs to fight it than it was worth. You won, you're correct, but you shouldn't have. If we weren't constantly three weeks behind on work, I would have fought it a little harder than I did, but I don't have time to deal with your constant bull$hit. The fact that the truck left, was because we REFUSED to work on it any longer. It needed an engine because cylinder #8 was down on compression, AND we used a borescope, to see the billet aluminum chunks from the compressor wheel laying on top of the piston.... You refused that it was possible, so we said, come and get it. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we were incapable of doing the work. It had everything to do with the fact that we did not want our name attached to such a piece of $hit, and we didn't want the owner of the truck to try to come back on us for something that you fvcked up.

We were all laughing at the fact that after you sent "bustedknuckles" up here, the trailer that you sent him up here to get it with broke down and sat at a local shop, out along the road (10 miles from here) after he picked up the truck. It sat at that shop for over two weeks waiting for you to come back and pick it up. That's funny, because you and the supposed truck owner was in such a huge hurry to get it back to Maryland and get it fixed because it was losing $10,000 a week not running.

Meanwhile, I TRIED to contact the actual OWNER of Myers Well Service, never to get any response from him. everyone that I talked to from Myers that was at our shop thought that your kit was a complete joke. I have still never been in contact with Matt Myers, the OWNER of the truck or anyone at their corporate offices. I don't have a number to reach Matt at , and anyone that I talk to from there says that he's never around. I would love to talk to him, because I don't think he really knows what is going on with his truck. My belief is that if he knew, he'd be furious. I think what is really happening is that his employees are making these decisions to repair his truck on his behalf, and that he's so busy with other things, that he doesn't even know that someone is dicking with his truck and putting half a$$ parts on it. Just my opinion, I could be totally wrong, but that is what I think is happening.

I believe in the end that we actually won anyways. It was worth the $500.00 loss to me, just to see these pictures of your junk a$$ kit exposed online for the inferior piece of $hit that it is. You may have pulled the wool over the eyes of some people on the .org, but the majority of people that have seen your kit first hand, know what kind of raping is about to take place as soon as they install your kit, or have it installed. The poor demise of this gentleman's engine was more than likely due to the fact that you stupid fvcks ran the dog $hit out of his truck after the install with $hitty tuning, and then called him up and made him buy an engine.

If we can keep people from purchasing/installing such a piece of garbage, then our job here is done. If people see the crap that you produce, and still purchase it, then they deserve what they get in return.

Love it.

I'm glad Mike made mention of Dimitri. As big of a goof as spike is, even he has standards. There is no doubt in my mind that he probably doesn't even remember who CFD is LOL

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Considering the quality of those welds and the fact that you cracked a bunch of them my guess a piece of welding slag or small piece of metal passed through.

Buddy we need to get your name changed. LOL I thought you were an "engineer" at CFD.

Learning about TDI's.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
OP, I would like to thank you for laying the whole story out, instead of p€ssy footing around the issue and leaving everyone guessing. Good luck on the build. This thread is more popular then a girls introduction on CompD. LOL

Learning about TDI's.

Dan

Reaction score
I'm

Love it.

I'm glad Mike made mention of Dimitri. As big of a goof as spike is, even he has standards. There is no doubt in my mind that he probably doesn't even remember who CFD is LOL

oh he does!! hahaha we had a little chat about that on monday when he dropped me off at the airport. Dmitri and James are gunna do it right, and, they mentioned how much it sucks to have the rep of "small diesel shops" destroyed!

pog

Reaction score
my head hurts from reading all of their bullshyt. how many lies can one ***in shop tell. their ass needs to be dealt exactly how tyler meany's was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online