6.7 exhaust

Reaction score
5" straight flo-pro with NO muffler. I've thought about a muffler but I can really hear the exhaust cruising down the highway 60-70 mph over my tires. I have under half tread Toyo m/t if it matters.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
It's not going to sound like a old 6 cylinder. Firing order as v8, sounds like gas v8. I have Flo pro 5" and Jones 5050xl muffler/resonator. Quiets it down, and removed most of the drone. I like the straight pipe the best, but for everyday it's just annoying

dseitler

Reaction score
I have a 13 Platinum with 5" Flow Pro an put a 30" resonator on it. I'm not driving a truck that expensive and can't hear inside it. I would install the resonator first to get rid of the drone and the muffler later if you want it more quiet. Straight 5" Maybe a XL and I was 18. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bhudson

Reaction score
I think the flow pro is the way to go or maybe something custom. Question for y'all....anyone ever try to do a true dual exhaust one on of these? Just an idea that popped in my head.

Last edited:

bhudson

Reaction score
Yeah I caught that right after I hit send. Guess I breathed a little bit too much steel dust last night or something

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i always recommend no muffler at first , its a bit cheaper in the long run to add that later , rather than remove the muffler later. most who aren't sure take my advice , and go no muffler , and almost never call back asking for one. hit me up if i can help .

Notneb

Reaction score
Go ride in a straight piped 4" and 5" trucks. Size won't matter if there's a resonator, so the only diff will be on a straight piped rig.

Notneb

Reaction score
You tellin me there's no one off PSA in Mobile, AL with a straight piped 6.7?!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys ae overthinking this. 4" has more of a hiss , 5" has more of a rumble. the tone differential is high to low . 4" a bit higher and hissier , 5" a bit lower and a bit more rumble. i absolutely prefer rumble. both my power strokes have 5" no muffler, wouldnt change for the world .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.