6.7 High Idle

redracer62

Reaction score
Setting the parking brake never bothered me since I do it every time I park no matter what. I suppose it could be done but to me it sounds to hard to figure out. Much easier to set the brake.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I couldnt find a 20kohm resistor but radio shack had a 22k that put my idle at 1200-1300 rpm. With the grill blocked off with a cargo mat cut to fit and zip tied on the inside of it, it will now bring my temps up to above 100° in 20 min when temps are near 0°. Way way better now.. before it would barely get to 80° even with the grill blocked off.

live life full throttle

STX79

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a check engine light from using this style of high idle? I keep getting P22FF and am just wondering if this might be the cause?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I dont get a check engine light. I have used mine just about every single day since I did the mod. At least 6 days a week.

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a check engine light from using this style of high idle? I keep getting P22FF and am just wondering if this might be the cause?

you can get a check engine light if its wired wrong or the resistance is too high or too low, im not sure if that code is the cause but i know i got a light once

STX79

Reaction score
Yes to me it does, I kick it on and it has a second of hesitation and then goes to about 1,200K.

STX79

Reaction score
Yes it's the check engine light, I have a appointment at a dealer tomorrow. Just sucks in that this is my first Ford and my second time to dealer with a 3 week old truck.

I appreciate the help.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes it's the check engine light, I have a appointment at a dealer tomorrow. Just sucks in that this is my first Ford and my second time to dealer with a 3 week old truck.

I appreciate the help.

Are you sure it is a P22FF code? I cant find a P22ff but there is a P228F... just making sure you didnt fat finger it.. lol

live life full throttle

STX79

Reaction score
That is the code according to Auto Zone's scanner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STX79

Reaction score
Dealer updated my computer and did a forced regen, said that should take care of it. The code was for some sensors in the exhaust, the back part of it was reading too cool.

Am I just unlucky or are there issues with the 14's?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not sure, thats the first i have heard. I would think the 14s would be the best because its right before the major changes with the 15s I wouldnt sweat it too much, mine has been a great truck. I work it hard too

RedRice589

Reaction score
Dealer updated my computer and did a forced regen, said that should take care of it. The code was for some sensors in the exhaust, the back part of it was reading too cool.

Am I just unlucky or are there issues with the 14's?

Maybe you should take it out and burn the crap out. Let it eat for a minute or two pulling a load. That's all I always did. Get it nice and hot.

Latest posts

Members online