6.7 Intercooler Piping Project

JRLott

Reaction score
Waiting for some new tunes for the street max from Alberta . PIP says to run the same tune and let them know if I want to change anything . Thoughts on this ? Anyone run same tune after putting the larger street max turbo on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a vane issue that can fvck your motor due to too much boost down low. I'll see if I can find it, but I think Morgan has mentioned it.

EDIT: I was thinking of the wrong turbo. So the above is not relevant. Ask Mike at No Limit if ok to run PIP while you wait on AS tunes.

Last edited:

Kxc

Reaction score
8fd1ee543b980f0cff87dcb5217bbd28.jpg

Finally got her back together over the weekend. The project proved to be more difficult than I anticipated but which ones go exactly as planned ! I made a Y pipe that came out ok but I was worried about the slag on the inside of the pipe I could not clean out. That's what I get for using flux core wire. Lesson learned. MPD hooked me up with their Y pipe and I fabricated the cold side and air cleaner piping. Still working on a solid tune for the new streetmax but so far the thing is a beast. I'll be headed to the track , 1/4 mile , next week and I'll post some slips.

getstroked27

Reaction score

Finally got her back together over the weekend. The project proved to be more difficult than I anticipated but which ones go exactly as planned ! I made a Y pipe that came out ok but I was worried about the slag on the inside of the pipe I could not clean out. That's what I get for using flux core wire. Lesson learned. MPD hooked me up with their Y pipe and I fabricated the cold side and air cleaner piping. Still working on a solid tune for the new streetmax but so far the thing is a beast. I'll be headed to the track , 1/4 mile , next week and I'll post some slips.

Looks good dude, glad we could help you out with that!! Let me know how it runs!

bpan

Reaction score
What size is that intake piping? looks bigger than the MPD kit supplys.

Kxc

Reaction score
What size is that intake piping? looks bigger than the MPD kit supplys.

I used 5" from the s&b to the turbo . The rest is 3". The only MPD part is the actual Y pipe. Not a kit.

Reaction score

Looks sweet. Post some videos of the streetmax spool up and 0-60 runs. Is it spooling like stock?

DaCajun

Reaction score
I used 5" from the s&b to the turbo . The rest is 3". The only MPD part is the actual Y pipe. Not a kit.

Man it's good to know MPD will sell just the Y pipe!!! I've been having my eye on those for quite some time, Now I know they can be had I gotta get me one of those for my project as well!!!

And yeah, that looks killer and nice work!!!! :thumbup:

Kxc

Reaction score
Man it's good to know MPD will sell just the Y pipe!!! I've been having my eye on those for quite some time, Now I know they can be had I gotta get me one of those for my project as well!!!

And yeah, that looks killer and nice work!!!! :thumbup:

I was lucky that MPD had an extra laying around. It's tough for them to separate one out of a kit but give them a call maybe they can help. Otherwise buy 4 - 2.5" stainless 90s and a Short 3" pipe. Bring your factory plastic manifold to someone that can tig stainless and have them mock something up. That should be effective and pretty cheap.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I've been wanting to add piping to my truck, but only have my EGR blocked off and not ******d.

There's no way I'll be able to ****** the EGR due to my state I live in. So is piping out of the picture or could I manage?

Kxc

Reaction score
So you can't ditch the cooler but you can ditch the plenum ?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
So you can't ditch the cooler but you can ditch the plenum ?

It's easier for emissions to reinstall the crossover pipes as opposed to the whole cooler.

Kxc

Reaction score
If you do the piping there will be no place to connect ur cooler. Also you will have to remove the piping and re install the lower aluminum plenum and the upper plastic plenum with Cold side piping and ccv system. If I'm understanding you correctly ?

tigwerks

Reaction score
I havent dug deep into my truck yet, but i see no reason why you shouldnt still be able to keep emissions intact with new piping. It would just involve more fabwork having connections off your new piping into the factory egr system.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not understanding this clearly also. So the piping only replaces the intake portion into the turbo, the plastic intake portion and the plastic cold side part right?

So having the EGR cooler in place, but blocked off with block off plates will need to route the piping and connections differently?

Kxc

Reaction score
I havent dug deep into my truck yet, but i see no reason why you shouldnt still be able to keep emissions intact with new piping. It would just involve more fabwork having connections off your new piping into the factory egr system.

To keep egr/ ccv intact with aftermarket piping kind of defeats the purpose of high flowing piping. You would have to incorporate a butterfly valve to blend exhaust gas to boost gas and a nipple for the ccv vent to connect. To to mention flanges for the exhaust gas connections.

Kxc

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not understanding this clearly also. So the piping only replaces the intake portion into the turbo, the plastic intake portion and the plastic cold side part right?

So having the EGR cooler in place, but blocked off with block off plates will need to route the piping and connections differently?

Correct on what is replaced.

What I meant before is that when you have to pass emissions again the intake piping will have to come off and ccv and factory plenums replaced. If your doing that , might as well remove and replace the cooler. It's only another 2 hours maybe.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Gotcha. I don't think I will be doing it then as I have emissions testing every two years. Bummer.

Members online

No members online now.