6.7 Intercooler Piping Project

tigwerks

Reaction score
I know it defeats the purpose, all of my experience has been in the performance fabrication field. I was just replying to the fact that you could have piping and emissions intact if you wanted to pay for all the extra fabrication work.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I know it defeats the purpose, all of my experience has been in the performance fabrication field. I was just replying to the fact that you could have piping and emissions intact if you wanted to pay for all the extra fabrication work.

Question is could I find a shop near me that could do that..not many performance shops here in CA due to the strict emission laws. Anything performance wise done here is CARB compliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigwerks

Reaction score
There is a lot of performance shops in california, and A LOT of it is non carb compliant. I use to live in california and now i'm just outside of it now near tahoe. The problem is finding a competent fabricator who actually has the experience and who cares about doing quality work that will do a good job fabricating everything. There's a lot of people who say they can do it, but when it actually comes to it. They usually fall short on the execution of the job they were paid to do and the quality of work.

bpan

Reaction score
So, I ordered most of the parts for this intake, I really like that the intake is 5" should match up to my No Limit intake nicely. The problem is when I phoned MPD, they WILL NOT sell me the y-pipe separate... any ideas?
If any vendors have one let me know.... Ill keep looking though.

Kxc

Reaction score
So, I ordered most of the parts for this intake, I really like that the intake is 5" should match up to my No Limit intake nicely. The problem is when I phoned MPD, they WILL NOT sell me the y-pipe separate... any ideas?
If any vendors have one let me know.... Ill keep looking though.

Yea it's hard for them to pull one from a kit, then they are left with a bastard kit. I was lucky enough to find an extra that MPD had. Good luck with it maybe someone will chime in with a spare.

bpan

Reaction score
I guess you need a ccv rerouted for this to work. Well whover I'm buying the Y pipe from wI'll be selling me a ccv kit as well I guess.

tigwerks

Reaction score
bpan- im tearing into my truck to do my turbo setup soon. I have 2 spare sets of flanges and could make you a set of piping while im doing my truck if your interested. not sure what your timeline is but just throwing it out there since i'll be doing my truck in probably 2 weeks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess you need a ccv rerouted for this to work. Well whover I'm buying the Y pipe from wI'll be selling me a ccv kit as well I guess.

lol.. call me i can try and get you a Y pipe .

and any non vendors, please don't solicit the members here. i know it's in good spirit, but its not allowed here.

bpan

Reaction score
lol.. call me i can try and get you a Y pipe .

and any non vendors, please don't solicit the members here. i know it's in good spirit, but its not allowed here.

You just can't resist taking my money can you? I'll call in the am.

bpan

Reaction score
I can't get a Y pipe from anywhere so if anyone is selling flanges or making an extra Y pipe I will be interested in buying it still.
EDIT: That includes those of you who replied that are not "vendors"

bpan

Reaction score
Maryland will sell you everything you need to make your own kit in aluminum or stainless for a reasonable price.

Really? I phoned them and they told me they won't separate anything at all. No questions asked. Same response I have received from every vendor I have contacted.

getstroked27

Reaction score
We sell the manifold flanges and bungs as a kit, thats it. We do not sell the billet Y's seperate, we can barely keep them on the shelf with our kits and they take way too much time to build to make extras in case someone needs one. We sold this dude one because he was in a bind and didn't have any other way to make it happen.

bpan

Reaction score
We sell the manifold flanges and bungs as a kit, thats it. We do not sell the billet Y's seperate, we can barely keep them on the shelf with our kits and they take way too much time to build to make extras in case someone needs one. We sold this dude one because he was in a bind and didn't have any other way to make it happen.

Thats fine. I can make it work with or without you guys. My money will be spent elsewhere.

Kxc

Reaction score

And it was much appreciated ! Keep an eye out for my Christmas card !

bpan

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the intake piping. Full 5" right to the turbo. Did a No Limit CCV mod while in there. Thank you to everyone who helped with this, information or hard parts. You know who you are.

This pic shows the full 3" into the heads:
20161231_132039_zpsn2fqxe4k.jpg

The parts required:
20161231_132045_zps3skrpqee.jpg

Final Product:
20161231_172248_zpscv7hq8f7.jpg

What do you guys do with that ugly ass coolant hose? Can I cut that heat shield **** off? I was thinking of covering it with some loom, the mesh stuff commonly used to rig boats.

Members online

No members online now.