6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha I seriously love this forum! You guys are all awesome! Hahahaha

I'll be sure to report back and now that I figured out how to upload to you tube I can do some videos! We'll see how well she spools! But as far as I'm concerned it'll be similar to the 76 with 100 overs...

Keep in mind the converter in the truck is quite loose

how much power did that thing make with the built motor and twins ?

Dan

Reaction score
I assume you mean with bigger nozzles...

Either way it's totally irrelevant because I only need 600 maybe 650 before my buddy Rod pokes his head out to say hi.

And I'm pretty sure they flow enough to blow that engine to smitherings...

If I was saying I was putting stock injectors in a built engine with this turbo setup I'd agree I'm a retard.... For now I'm going to stick with I'm not a retard k thanks bye

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
830 uncorrected on ats dyno @5k feet...

Hasn't been on a dyno since

Take those numbers with a grain of salt because there was so much nonsense going on at that time that has since been ironed out

yeah so easy 1050 . you recall what it made at h&s ? i know that dyno is stingy as all get out .

Dan

Reaction score
yeah so easy 1050 . you recall what it made at h&s ? i know that dyno is stingy as all get out .

I stand corrected... It has been on a dyno since! I forgot about that. Bentley shut it down at 800hp uncorrected due to vanjan clamps blowing left right and centre as well as the trans was showing slippage.

All that and Morgan made 1300+ on a 66mm single.............

Hahahahaha

Dan

Reaction score
Lots going on today... And finish up tomorrow!

Starting to get fast with these engine swings...

E2F3B989-C8B5-406B-BD23-51ECDA894C76_zpsa9oizgkd.jpg

9EE7D509-A907-4CCC-AF4F-C10981FF3C73_zpsxqoy11xd.jpg

4049B170-DE54-4FB8-AF42-1DF59B8D15E4_zpsdal2iksg.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
What is with this thing and torching rod bearings?

#1&#4 this time...

So basically the initial set of rods I bought, every single one of them has spun except for 1. I haven't had a rod spin that was purchased after the initial set... Maybe it's time to purchase a complete set of a different brand? Anyone else had problems with carillons? I find it interesting that it's never the same cylinders... Either way... It's better having spun rods than spun mains! So I'm relieved about that!

You can see the heat marks on the rod

7B54BA79-8593-4060-92AA-1741119FAA08_zpsoqcjwn0p.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Damn... maybe give R&R a shot. I don't think it would have anything to do with brand. I would get a whole new set if it were me and triple check them before you put them back in. Would ease my mind if I had a whole new set for the abuse its going to take.

sootie

Reaction score
hit up Morgan @ Midwest for his 6.7 rods made by R&R. His truck saw 1300+ hp at 5000+ rpm and hasnt missed a beat.

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
*1&5 cyl

I was eyeing up Morgan's short block...

Kinda waiting for the OT to start flowing again before I make anymore engine purchases...

Dang oil prices

sootie

Reaction score
the other thing you may want to revisit prior to even driving the truck is the tuning factor. i know that spun rod bearings don't necessarily directly relate to tuning but could fuelling and rpm etc not play a factor in the failures?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
the other thing you may want to revisit prior to even driving the truck is the tuning factor. i know that spun rod bearings don't necessarily directly relate to tuning but could fuelling and rpm etc not play a factor in the failures?
Yep, too much timing can knock out the upper rod bearings.

Latest posts

Members online