7.3 goofy power surge

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Weird. The surges we're getting aren't that bad. You say throttle pos jumps when the surge happens? Do you have any datalogs of it showing the jumps in ICP/throttle pos?
Have a couple data logs but its hard to see where its at. Kinda sticks out in some spots but with out seeing a curve from a good running truck its hard to tell.. And being a manual

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

turboTwang6

Reaction score
Have a couple data logs but its hard to see where its at. Kinda sticks out in some spots but with out seeing a curve from a good running truck its hard to tell.. And being a manual

Hmm...what are you using to datalog? If you have some type of log file I can graph it and compare to the stuff I have from the 99 I'm working on. In the end Tony's probly just going to have to look into it, but atleast we could rule in or out the throttle position sensor as the cause. How long ago did you do those 180cc injectors?

Try lincolnlockers suggestions, check fuel pressure, and see if it does it with the chip out.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Hmm...what are you using to datalog? If you have some type of log file I can graph it and compare to the stuff I have from the 99 I'm working on. In the end Tony's probly just going to have to look into it, but atleast we could rule in or out the throttle position sensor as the cause. How long ago did you do those 180cc injectors?

Try lincolnlockers suggestions, check fuel pressure, and see if it does it with the chip out.
Just put new cups in a couple months ago and sent injectors out to get cleaned and flowed. In did the data logging from my edge insight

Latest posts

Members online