7.3 obs or SD, or just go up to 6.0?

ja_cain

Reaction score
Truck looks nice!
I have a 06 f350 with the 6.oh.
Also have a 97 7.3.
As far as trucks go the 6.o is way nicer to drive by far, so much more refined better in every way.
But I don't care what people say the 7.3 with injectors and turbo will out pull any 6.0 any day of the week and do it with out even working hard . Love my 7.3 .
Funny thou cuz the 06 is the first truck I'll grab everytime for daily driving lol!!
Right from the horses mouth. I can't wait to throw a little money at my truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dirtclod

Reaction score
6.0 is a fun truck to drive,no doubt! But there's no such thing as bulketproofing any engine especially a 6.0. I know people who have have worked the hell outta these trucks with 200k+ with minimum problems. Every one of them that I know we're bone stock. I also know a couple folks that have had head stud and blown head gaskets 3 times or more. No way I'd roll the the dice on a 6.0. The fuel mileage alone is enough to skip over a 6.4. And just last Wednesday I was at the dealership and a new 16 sitting there with a broke crankshaft. For racing and if you got $ to blow, 6.4 or 6.0. Just want a payment, new 6.7 with a warranty. Want a good dependable truck? Find a low miles,not modded 7.3 do some smart mods and enjoy years of good service. I just drove an 01 ext.cab 4x4 bone stock with 130k miles with 20 rims. I couldn't believe how well it drove,and the power was right there. They're not all the same you have to search. I jumped on the wrong one but hopefully I'll get it right shortly. That's all my opinion and I'm around guys who pull 5'ers all over the country including myself.

Latest posts

Members online