A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
So I finally got my harness in from Dustin to watch atmospheric boost tonight and drove the truck to dinner. I was pretty shocked since it's the first time I've watched boost and back pressure.

Keep in mind I'm still in the stock tune.

I'm seeing 60 psi overall, 35 psi from the atmosphere, and back pressure fluctuates between 55 and 65 psi (I assume my gate is cracking and shutting).

Can't get egts over 1300 wot either. So far, this setup kicks ass!

The thing I'm most shocked about is how quick it spools. I followed Justin to his house the other night down the interstate... We slowed down to 55 or so and flat footed we took off at the same time. My truck spooled side by side with his (matts tunes and an Elite 71mm atmo) and pulled away. The best part was neither truck smoked lol. So, I can honestly say that this truck spools like stock. I'm confident I can tow whatever and send the gf to the grocery store in it. I dig it.

RSK

Reaction score
So I finally got my harness in from Dustin to watch atmospheric boost tonight and drove the truck to dinner. I was pretty shocked since it's the first time I've watched boost and back pressure.

Keep in mind I'm still in the stock tune.

I'm seeing 60 psi overall, 35 psi from the atmosphere, and back pressure fluctuates between 55 and 65 psi (I assume my gate is cracking and shutting).

Can't get egts over 1300 wot either. So far, this setup kicks ass!

The thing I'm most shocked about is how quick it spools. I followed Justin to his house the other night down the interstate... We slowed down to 55 or so and flat footed we took off at the same time. My truck spooled side by side with his (matts tunes and an Elite 71mm atmo) and pulled away. The best part was neither truck smoked lol. So, I can honestly say that this truck spools like stock. I'm confident I can tow whatever and send the gf to the grocery store in it. I dig it.

dang buddy! i'm jealous of your turbo spool....and boost. I should have left my stock appearing like yours and just built the motor...:drool::bowfast:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Nathannial, Mike and I made it to bandimere the other night. Nathannial and I only got two passes in, but it was still a good time.

On my stock tune, the truck went 12.6 @ 108.77 with a 1.97 60'... LOL Oh, and EGT's didn't break 1400*. Happy with that for a base tune... I think it should have close to high 11's in it (judging by 60') in the base tune :evil: Calculator says 730 ish

Turned it up a couple clicks and not much changed lol. Went 12.2 with a junk 60' and trapped a couple more mph is all and it got hotter. Should get some tuning sorted out on it this weekend thanks to Mr. Haller!

I'm excited to finally get hands in it and start getting it dialed in.

Here is a video of my first pass with Nathannial. We both left really soft and then he left me LOL

http://youtu.be/D6oYMW_bRAU?list=UUOSfhywYro0WPVbjA2OznNg

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
That's awesome man, glad to see you making good times and having fun with it, all while still getting it dialed in. All that and considering the altitude and you are on MT 35s with the lift, no shame in that time at all!

jdgleason

Reaction score
That's awesome man, glad to see you making good times and having fun with it, all while still getting it dialed in. All that and considering the altitude and you are on MT 35s with the lift, no shame in that time at all!

Thanks buddy! I know it's got some potential, so I'm good with it lol
That damn Nathannial! Him with his bruce lee movies and thunderstorms!LOL

Hahaha yes! That truck is ***kin nasty. Lol

Latest posts

Members online