A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
Wait a second I thought you couldn't make power with a vgt......

Glad to see things coming together!!

You've been there for all of it buddy! Can't thank you enough!

I couldn't. But motors sure could grenade !

You do have a way with motors lol

And thanks guys! I'm excited to get the tuning dialed and have some fun with it.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Clean runs and great times! Your truck is a beast! Corrected numbers (sea level) approximately 11.22 @ 123. And that's just calculating for a forced induction vehicle at 5,800 feet. With the 7,600' effective (density) altitude, better yet. Congrats! Very jealous!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Clean runs and great times! Your truck is a beast! Corrected numbers (sea level) approximately 11.22 @ 123. And that's just calculating for a forced induction vehicle at 5,800 feet. With the 7,600' effective (density) altitude, better yet. Congrats! Very jealous!

I'd be surprised if that's all the difference... It went 7 tenths faster just going to Phoenix which was 1,600' above sea level. Granted that was tune only.

Great runs JD, congrats. Is this thing going to be making an appearance at Diesels on the Mountain again?

It'll be there!

Thanks guys! Making some progress finally.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if that's all the difference... It went 7 tenths faster just going to Phoenix which was 1,600' above sea level. Granted that was tune only.

Those were just numbers calculated from general correction factors. You could very well go faster at sea level. Hope you do! Love the build! :D

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Thanks to Eric, we had the cab up friday evening in an hour and a half, and spent another couple hours pressure washing the underside of the cab and the frame, and cleaning up the motor. Just took a few hours sunday rerouting wastegate lines, swapping on the new manifolds and pipes, and setting the cab down. I appreciate all the help buddy! The truck drives much better now without a drive pressure leak, and I am ready to spend some time dialing it in.

I had no idea you mentioned me here. Haha. Thanks man. And you know it was no big deal. Would do it again anytime man. Just let me know.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Looks like it's time for an Aermet shaft...

f3394478112353a88ae904f91bb4c6de.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well that was short lived lol.

Actually this trans has a lot of hard miles and a ton of track passes, and has seen a bunch of nitrous... I'm only bummed it took out the pump.

Was that a 300M?

It used to be.... lol

I'm super happy that I have a converter from Phil at DPC, otherwise I have a feeling this whole situation would have been worse.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Actually this trans has a lot of hard miles and a ton of track passes, and has seen a bunch of nitrous... I'm only bummed it took out the pump.

It used to be.... lol

I'm super happy that I have a converter from Phil at DPC, otherwise I have a feeling this whole situation would have been worse.
You just gonna fix it or is it time to beef it up more?

jdgleason

Reaction score
You just gonna fix it or is it time to beef it up more?

Basically doing a refresh - got an aermet 430 shaft for it, and I'll be putting new clutches and seals in it more than likely. Unless the clutches are too new to mess with, in which case I'll leave them. This trans has 25k or so on it now and it's been beat on HARD.

That being said, fluid looks and smells wonderful and it's never skipped a beat!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the 300m held up for so long.. I just put an elite 300m input in my full billet trans and I was worried it would be a weak link, but I make about half the power and 3/4 the weight so this is good news for me lol.

Good to hear the converter held up!

jdgleason

Reaction score
300m was all that was available when we put mine together - that tells you how long it's been lol. I'm betting the weight is what killed it.

Latest posts

Members online