A little update on my truck...

Wayne

Reaction score

Holy awesome update Batman! Congrats on the new DD. Aside from the bowtie factor, those are really nice trucks. All the stuff I hate about the front end on most chevs has already been modded on yours That PTM front end is spot-on! :thumbsup:

JD: I'm cheerin' for ya. 4 digits or bust :toast:

johnp115

Reaction score

Holy awesome update Batman! Congrats on the new DD. Aside from the bowtie factor, those are really nice trucks. All the stuff I hate about the front end on most chevs has already been modded on yours That PTM front end is spot-on! :thumbsup:

Agreed. I want one so bad just can't do the price.

NathannialD

Reaction score
Thanks I needed a break from the black truck....

The front was already ptm when I got it with some horrible chrome 18" American racing wheels so those had to go as you can see. Like we all say I plan to keep this one more stock. Got novakanes for it, deleted and tuned so far. Probably delete the egr and build an intake then just more cosmetic stuff....

Wayne

Reaction score
...and a trans .....for now LOL good call on the wheel situation. Now JD: have you blown the heads off that truck yet? I keep hearing about you manning up to hit the nawsss, but no numbers or pics of scattered parts :shrug:

jdgleason

Reaction score

Yes! Glad that Nathannial treated himself to a new, nice ass truck lol it looks great in person.

...and a trans .....for now LOL good call on the wheel situation. Now JD: have you blown the heads off that truck yet? I keep hearing about you manning up to hit the nawsss, but no numbers or pics of scattered parts :shrug:

Soooooo.....

After hours and hours of work on mine reinstalling my nitrous, and helping Jared with his truck yesterday, we finally put mine on the dyno while Jared, Luke, and Levi were putting the finishing touches on Jared's truck.

Pretty happy with the truck on the tune it was in... Found out it has a speed limiter in it which prevented me from getting much past 3300 rpm... Which shows that power was still climbing. Tadd estimates peak power to be 3700-3800rpm with this cam, so I'm guessing it has a little more in it with this tune. Best HP numbers before the cops shut us down at 11pm were 945 on fuel, and another run made 1,800ft lbs.

For any reference, our Dyno seems to read 10-12% shy of the few dynojets around here.

9934c0356041ef6afe181ba98497b710.jpg

I've got another tune from Matt that I haven't loaded yet, but it's supposed to have more turbo drive to bring boost up from 60psi and get it back into that 70+psi range that it was in before.

We were working on getting that second gate to crack on fuel before I whacked it with nitrous, but the cops ***ked me on that one, so still no spray numbers.

I did move the solenoids down into a little less obvious spot to save a little room and keep the sleeper feel to the truck as much as I can.

a270acc215ba3c51bf3fccc93f9c4874.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Yes! Glad that Nathannial treated himself to a new, nice ass truck lol it looks great in person.

Soooooo.....

After hours and hours of work on mine reinstalling my nitrous, and helping Jared with his truck yesterday, we finally put mine on the dyno while Jared, Luke, and Levi were putting the finishing touches on Jared's truck.

Pretty happy with the truck on the tune it was in... Found out it has a speed limiter in it which prevented me from getting much past 3300 rpm... Which shows that power was still climbing. Tadd estimates peak power to be 3700-3800rpm with this cam, so I'm guessing it has a little more in it with this tune. Best HP numbers before the cops shut us down at 11pm were 945 on fuel, and another run made 1,800ft lbs.

For any reference, our Dyno seems to read 10-12% shy of the few dynojets around here.

9934c0356041ef6afe181ba98497b710.jpg

I've got another tune from Matt that I haven't loaded yet, but it's supposed to have more turbo drive to bring boost up from 60psi and get it back into that 70+psi range that it was in before.

We were working on getting that second gate to crack on fuel before I whacked it with nitrous, but the cops ***ked me on that one, so still no spray numbers.

I did move the solenoids down into a little less obvious spot to save a little room and keep the sleeper feel to the truck as much as I can.

a270acc215ba3c51bf3fccc93f9c4874.jpg

Your truck is dirty.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Awesome numbers!! Crazy to hear of a speed limiter, especially with the custom tunes you already had. For reference stock cam, ported heads, and bigger turbos I had peak horse power at 3500ish, with it staying relatively flat from 3300ish to 3750ish when we let off. It will be great to see what your curve looks like with slightly smaller chargers and a bigger cam. The vgt will play a huge roll in spool and torque, but itd be interesting to see where the peak is and what it looks like.

Last edited: