Airdog/FASS/Fuelab/Aeromotive..??? 6.4L

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
So, I really want and need to get a pump on my truck mainly for the added protection of the filtration and as im doing research it seems that the most popular Airdog and Fass setups have reliability issues mainly with the pump motors. I mean its really sounding like a hit and miss with them. The Fuelab 200 sounds like the way to go but is sold without the install kit (roughly $150) and it looks as if the install kit is on backorder..? The Aeromotive 11807 system looks super nice but damn its cost is a little outrageous and its fairly new so I couldnt seem to find many reviews to check its reliability.

SO my question is, what are you guys doing?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I have been running the fuelab pump for almost 3 years now with zero issues . I made my own install kit using Parker push lock hose and fittings but took the tank out of my truck and pretty well overhauled the entire fuel System at the same time . It's pretty easy to make your own lines if you have a parker store anywhere near you. Give Morgan a call at Midwest and he will take care of the pump for you

Rubenk

Reaction score
I couldnt beat the price on a FASS Titanium 150 for around 500 bucks. Plug and play, quiet, and seems to be working well.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I've had airdog pumps. Junk. I had a fass 260 Iirc. Junk. Way to loud. It would cut out on me very often. Went to a Fuelab 200 and haven't had any issues with it. It's so quiet. Never dropped out on me once. I made my own fuel lines from tank up to the engine and used the wiring from the fass. I probably won't switch to another pump since this one has been so good to me. The aeromotive pump is a very nice unit. If anything I would go to that if I ever run into any issues. Highly doubt I will.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have the fuelab and I'm very happy with it. I did the side action diesel fuel bowl ****** at the same time to clean up the engine bay and get rid of the second filter. The entire thing was plug and play. Very easy and the pump is very quite

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'll have a review/feedback on the Aeromotive Lift Pump here soon....I won't lie it is expensive. I hope its as good as what I'm being told. It looks awesome. I just wanted to do the best I could get since I was doing a whole new Fuel System with two new HPFP's, new Inj. and a new lift pump and all new lines and everything..didn't want to skimp on quality

I got my Aeromotive Pump for an amazing deal..Normally they are 1030$ I think. I'm going to be running mine with Elites Fuel Bowl Upgrade and Race Fuel Cooler Kit which together cost $1500-ish. I also have a new kit direct from Aeromotive that includes a few extra parts that are needed and that's another 500$-ish I think....So I have around 3$k-ish just in Low Pressure Fuel HOWEVER I chose to do the race fuel cooler out of personal preference....it isn't needed but it helps.

My setup should be great but like Jaran said, over priced. I won't lie I can't believe how much this stuff costs but I'm hoping in the end it's worth it..Not cheap at all

Last edited:

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
Thanks for the relies everyone. Seems like you can sink alot of cash in to the low pressure side real quick. Looking forward to the Aeromotive review

I have been running the fuelab pump for almost 3 years now with zero issues . I made my own install kit using Parker push lock hose and fittings but took the tank out of my truck and pretty well overhauled the entire fuel System at the same time . It's pretty easy to make your own lines if you have a parker store anywhere near you. Give Morgan a call at Midwest and he will take care of the pump for you

How exactly did you wire it up and plumb the unit?

AJF

Reaction score
I've had the Aeromotive pump on since May with 0 issues.

AJF

Reaction score
Yes. I've got some good friends that introduced me to Jared, and he needed a 6.4 for testing his kit...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Fuelab and Aeromotive are well known for quality fuel products.

FASS/AirDog are Cletus-come-lately's who stepped in to cure a problem (VP44 pumps cratering due to cavitation from air in the fuel) that wasn't even the problem! It was a machining/assembly tolerance in the rotor head of the pump.

I know I don't do myself any favors in this industry by stomping on as many toes as I stomp on when I cuss the FASS/AirDog dynasty... And I realize that there have been improvements made by both companies. And lots of big name people use them in their COMPETITION vehicles. That's fine when you're sponsored and you don't rely on the truck to get you to down the road to work every day... or when getting down the road IS your work.

I use the factory setup on all of my trucks until it becomes a problem. I did it on my 12 valves even before it was proven you could make 700 on the factory pump... I did it on my CR's WAY before it was proven that you could make 700 on the factory pump. That was back when if you didn't have a FASS on your CR you were an absolute lunatic and you were going to trash your injectors and melt every piston in the engine. And that was on a bone stock truck!

Meanwhile, I kept on rolling for hundreds of thousands of miles on the OEM "junk" with the biggest tune I could find while the FASS/AD owners continued to get stranded. Or at the very least they'd start starving the system once they hit 1/4 tank :rolleyes:

Sorry for my first rant of 2016 :eek:

And sorry in advance for the rest of them that are sure to come! LOL :D

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
LOL so Im guessing your stull rolling the OEM "junk"?

bet your bippy... my last 6.4 was 200k OG running as much duration as I could squeeze out of the tune

I did replace the HFCM (lift pump) on my current 6.4 when a buddy helped me out on a filter change and boogered up the drain valve. But I most definitely put a new OEM setup on it.

ROLLIN'!

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the setup? Would like to see how you made it all work

HOOV3R on here shows in one of his build thread parts/carrier on how he built his IIRC.

I run AD200 for 2mos now due to a deal I got, 1st LP system so can't comment on others but does seem loud.

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
this is the only photo I have of it.

Photo0045_zpsu387qice.jpg

Latest posts

Members online