if you love your truck, please do not take it to that piece of chits shop

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Can you elaborate more?
Pm of you would like.

Tapatalking from a wind turbine

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not used to AE as I use IDS everyday, But I'm looking at your rpm reading, which is taken off the cam sensor. From what I can see it looks like you are loosing the cam signal? Do you always have an rpm reading when cranking? Do you loose rpm signal before it dies? If it drops straight to '0' then dies that would be an indication. It would be awesome if you could scope the cam sensor as I think your problem lies there. No cam reading = no injector firing. I read back through the whole thread and realized this engine was recently re assembled and you also had to replace a cam sensor. Could possibly be the cam gear walking on the cam or wiring from the sensor to the PCM.

Let me look into this more.
Prob order a new sensor too.
I have removed the CPS wiring from its harness and run it back the entire way and it looks great no chafing or cuts.
Ohms fine too.
No CPS damage on the face.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Saying it was driving 40+ and shut off makes me wonder now. Had a friends truck do the same thing, just like you shut the key off and wouldn't start. Figure cps so put a new one in, still nothing. Put the scanner on it, no hpo pressure. Figure an o ring let loose, to happen like that. Nope, swapped ipr fired right up ran fine. First case that I've heard of an ipr going out driving down the road. Maybe you've tried that, I didn't read back thru.

Have not tried IPR yet.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can you elaborate more?
Pm of you would like.

They "built" his motor and it ran for about a week. Freeze plugs not installed. Cam gear was ordered to be welded on, was not. Had his cam gear walking around killing the truck. In other words, it looked like a drunk toddler assembled his motor.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Let me look into this more.
Prob order a new sensor too.
I have removed the CPS wiring from its harness and run it back the entire way and it looks great no chafing or cuts.
Ohms fine too.
No CPS damage on the face.

Cps doesn't have to look damaged. Goes bad internally.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
They "built" his motor and it ran for about a week. Freeze plugs not installed. Cam gear was ordered to be welded on, was not. Had his cam gear walking around killing the truck. In other words, it looked like a drunk toddler assembled his motor.
that is spot on... plus wasn't balanced, main bearing and cam bores where slightly out of round... typically, everything was the machine shops fault though.. not his
converter bolts basically fell out due to not being properly tightened and basically trashed a slightly new flex plate and had to overnight a converter from BTS cuz one hole was trashed, almost 2qts over full of oil when i picked it up.. hose not tight and coolant leaking everywhere...

says i rushed him and he had it for 8 months.......

odd thing is that when it ran good, it was extremely smooth.. only thing i can think of is that the fluidamper worked extremely well...

7k + into that build to run it for a few months when other issues popped up so i said *** it and bought the 6.7....

just about another 8k in this build from midwest but it has r&r rods now.. that was the expensive part..

jimdawg185 has her now chasing a electrical issue

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
read ty's post and mine

live life full throttle

That sucks dude....hopefully someday you can enjoy it. Even if its just to go get a bite or get to your favorite fishing hole.

Mine has given me plenty of issues too but I just clear my head and dig in when I have time.

golfer

Reaction score
Did you only crank the truck for a couple of seconds?

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 64

V-Ref

Reaction score
That was the point in my original post too...the engine rpm column makes it appear it popped off and stopped cranking the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfer

Reaction score
That was the point in my original post too...the engine rpm column makes it appear it popped off and stopped cranking the motor.

after 15 pages...I assumed someone would have noticed 0 rpm...

until you get rpm...the PCM isn't going to command any IPR duty cycle...

(ProTip: because it doesn't think you are even cranking...)

V-Ref

Reaction score
Can you post a log of just cranking the truck over and what ICP/IPR DC% are doing.

Aluminum shavings interfering with IPR and/or HPO? Is there enough LPO to supply your HPO?

CPS not giving a consistent RPM signal to PCM? Faulty sensor or cam gear?

IDM faulty? Should be throwing a code, but faulty electronics don't always tell on themselves like they should.

PCM faulty? Same as above.

Those are my four stabs from what's been shared in this thread thus far.

Hope to see a video posted of your truck running great in this thread, sooner vs later.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Can you post a log of just cranking the truck over and what ICP/IPR DC% are doing.

Aluminum shavings interfering with IPR and/or HPO? Is there enough LPO to supply your HPO?

IDM faulty? Should be throwing a code, but faulty electronics don't always tell on themselves like they should.

Hope to see a video posted of your truck running great in this thread, sooner vs later.

I can do this later today.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score

Oil system was flushed 5 times while truck was running before removing injectors to go to PIS.
Definitely has lpo.
CPS is giving signal when cranking no doubt.
IDM is a fresh reman.
PCM is new within a few years but the truck has been in a garage for the last 5 yrs while I was on the road so who knows.
And thank you I hope to have it on the road asap!

Last edited:

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
That's bc I had the key turned for a min or two before cranking.
It comes on normally as it should.

Latest posts

Members online